Cast Iron Plumbing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also eats a little more of the pipe each time you do it. Could be worse though. My dads "new" place in Colorado, which he bought shortly after I left home, had tarred paper sewer line. One of my leaves was spent helping him fix the drain where one of his friends RV crushed the sewer pipe where it crossed the driveway behind the house...

Was the first time he complimented me about my ability to fix broken stuff. That fix is still holding. Was done in the late 70's.
YA I GET IT- BUT I FIGURE IF I CAN MAKE IT GO TILL, I DIE- THEN MY KID CAN DEAL WITH IT- HELL I'VE DONE EVERTHING FOR HER TILL NOW.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
YA I GET IT- BUT I FIGURE IF I CAN MAKE IT GO TILL, I DIE- THEN MY KID CAN DEAL WITH IT- HELL I'VE DONE EVERTHING FOR HER TILL NOW.
Though you should teach her to do stuff instead of doing it for her. There's only one thing women can do that men cannot, and only one thing men can do that women cannot. Everything else is just work, and anyone can do it. Guys do generally have a bit of an advantage when it comes to brute force and ignorance, and gals generally have a bit of an advantage in dexterity and finesse. In case you're wondering what those two things are, they're bearing children and fathering them. :soapbox:

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Though you should teach her to do stuff instead of doing it for her. There's only one thing women can do that men cannot, and only one thing men can do that women cannot. Everything else is just work, and anyone can do it. Guys do generally have a bit of an advantage when it comes to brute force and ignorance, and gals generally have a bit of an advantage in dexterity and finesse. In case you're wondering what those two things are, they're bearing children and fathering them. :soapbox:
I get it- she is finishing up her jr year in high school- told her she better have a job for summer- the money is one deal, but her starting to get into the work force and learning how to deal with things is what i think she needs. I have been teaching things her whole life, but she can't figure out how I make money without working that hard. I tell her, its cause I been working since I was 9 for real. My folks didn't have much and if I wanted anything nice for school, I had to get it. But also, I learned through paying a lot of dues, how to make money a lot easier than the first 40 years of my work carrier. She is getting ready to face some adult stuff, cause it's not that far and I intend to start waking her up for real, even if it's helping me paint and do yard work.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get it- she is finishing up her jr year in high school- told her she better have a job for summer- the money is one deal, but her starting to get into the work force and learning how to deal with things is what i think she needs. I have been teaching things her whole life, but she can't figure out how I make money without working that hard. I tell her, its cause I been working since I was 9 for real. My folks didn't have much and if I wanted anything nice for school, I had to get it. But also, I learned through paying a lot of dues, how to make money a lot easier than the first 40 years of my work carrier. She is getting ready to face some adult stuff, cause it's not that far and I intend to start waking her up for real, even if it's helping me paint and do yard work.
When dad worked on anything, either my sister or myself, sometimes both were in attendance to fetch tools, etc.
Not that he was needing slave labor, it was to teach what tool was used for what job and how to do it.
She was really good a changing her own spark plugs, setting the gap on the points in a distributor and so on. Did all of her own vehicle maintenance other than major work.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When dad worked on anything, either my sister or myself, sometimes both were in attendance to fetch tools, etc.
Not that he was needing slave labor, it was to teach what tool was used for what job and how to do it.
She was really good a changing her own spark plugs, setting the gap on the points in a distributor and so on. Did all of her own vehicle maintenance other than major work.
My dad was looking for slave labor. 😐 Also had the nasty habit of shoving me off to the side while saying "Here, let me show you how it's done." AND doing it so fast I could not figure out what he'd done. :fullauto:

Fairly soon after Uncle Sam taught me to be an aircraft mechanic, I wound up teaching other folks, usually higher rank than I was, how to work on our F-111D aircraft, which had a bunch of relativly minor differences from the other F-111 variants. Had to learn a bit of diplomacy, of which I was in short supply, and remember how much I hated my dad elbowing me out of the way and just doing it. :angry3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom