Gardens 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fig trees from fall cuttings going to farmers market
IMG_20240511_132045496_HDR.jpg

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I planted zipper cream peas and pinto beans a couple weeks ago using a Covington one row planter, and it seemed to do a good job with the zipper creams. I was worried about the pintos, because it didn’t seem like it was dropping them consistently.
I ended up with basically none of the zippers germinating and only decent germination from the pintos.
I decided yesterday to hand plant the gaps in the pintos and finally finished the last row this morning. It just started raining, so hopefully they’ll germinate pretty quick.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I planted zipper cream peas and pinto beans a couple weeks ago using a Covington one row planter, and it seemed to do a good job with the zipper creams. I was worried about the pintos, because it didn’t seem like it was dropping them consistently.
I ended up with basically none of the zippers germinating and only decent germination from the pintos.
I decided yesterday to hand plant the gaps in the pintos and finally finished the last row this morning. It just started raining, so hopefully they’ll germinate pretty quick.
I grew zipper creams once. They are ok but I went back to pinkeye purple hull.

Latest posts

Top Bottom