Savage stock help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay guys, I've got a Savage 10FP with the Choate Sniper stock on it now. I was thinking about changing it out and getting the Bell and Carlson Tactical Medalist A2. What are everybody's thoughts on this stock or any other ideas for stocks?

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay guys, I've got a Savage 10FP with the Choate Sniper stock on it now. I was thinking about changing it out and getting the Bell and Carlson Tactical Medalist A2. What are everybody's thoughts on this stock or any other ideas for stocks?

Do it.

I went through the same thing....the Choate isn't altogether bad, but the B&C is much nicer. Weight was an issue with me...and the A2 is lighter and more comfortable.

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a320_mmchambers06_10fp2.jpg

I ordered from shootersdiscount.com and received it in a couple of days.

gnnr

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the Choate sniper stock on my Savage also. It has some nice features but is much heavier than I thought it would be. Anyway I'm interested in the replies so I can figure out which way to go stock wise. By the way, good looking rifles:50cal:

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got one on my 223 and love it, my little brother has one and a buddy of mine and nothing bad to say about them! my 308 I put on a Stockade stock, a little more work but i'm loving it also not to mention Kevin is a great guy to deal with. Just get it! I'm sorry but I think those Choate stocks are kinda ugly but that's just me :-) Later,

Kirk

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay guys, I finally got my B&C A2 Medalist stock in. Now I have a problem... I upgraded from a Choate stock that had a built in trigger guard. Now, as you can figure out, I don't have a trigger guard. Where can a guy go to get one? Thanks.

eby42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do it.

I went through the same thing....the Choate isn't altogether bad, but the B&C is much nicer. Weight was an issue with me...and the A2 is lighter and more comfortable.

I ordered from shootersdiscount.com and received it in a couple of days.
Will the Bell and Carlson on your rifle fit right on to a latest revision (just purchased new) 10FP without any mods?

It seems like there are a ton of gotchas buying Savage stocks, unfortunately. :tounge:

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Will the Bell and Carlson on your rifle fit right on to a latest revision (just purchased new) 10FP without any mods?

It seems like there are a ton of gotchas buying Savage stocks, unfortunately. :tounge:

Mine did. Might have to get new action bolts from ACE hardware though. Mine were different lengths than what was needed. Which stock is on yours now?

I ordered my B&C from Stockysstocks.com. Cost me $231 delivered to my door for my OD green with the black web. Now I'm all TactiCool!

eby42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine did. Might have to get new action bolts from ACE hardware though. Mine were different lengths than what was needed. Which stock is on yours now?

I ordered my B&C from Stockysstocks.com. Cost me $231 delivered to my door for my OD green with the black web. Now I'm all TactiCool!
Cool, thanks for the info! Right now it just has the standard black plastic stock from a base model 10FP. New screws I can definitely handle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom