If you were going to buy an AR...?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd rank the top 4 as Noveske, Colt, BCM and Daniel Defense.

$1500 for the base rifle or $1500 for the complete package? If for the rifle alone, I'd order a Noveske with a few bells and whistles and never look back. If it were $1500 for the package, I'd opt for a BCM with an Aimpoint H1 in a Daniel Defense mount and as many options on the rifle as the remaining $$$ would allow.

You can get an H1 with a serviceable KZ mount from Botach for less than $450 delivered.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
DI for that kind of money. I probably wouldn't go for a piston rig under 2K. If you set up a DI gun with something like the Fail Zero or BCM Ion-Bonded BCG, you can reliably run them as dirty as you can get it with just a little oil now and then. Plus you have less weight out front, better accuracy and better for suppressed use if you go that route later.

BigRed82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IIRC, i priced out a fairly high quality SBR about 6 months ago, and I think I had it down to less than $1500. ($200 stamp included)

I personally would go with a build (buying each individual part) vs pre-built (ending up with a bunch of wasted parts).

BCM or LMT upper and lower.
BCM or LMT BCG.
BCM or LMT 10.5 or 11.5" barrel
Any ol' LPK.
Magpul MOE stock, grip, and forend.

Optics:
Primary Arms M3/M4/Microdot
or
Millet DMS-1

The most important parts of the AR are the BCG, barrel, and gas key. BCM and LMT both make superb products. The Magpul MOE lineup provides a high quality product at a very affordable price. Who doesn't want a SBR for the cool factor right?! :)
And Primary Arms makes a great product at a bargain price.

So within your $1500 limit, you can easily build a very cool, high quality AR.
:sunbath:

Latest posts

Top Bottom