What was magpul's excuse...?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
for killing the M93B?

Was it just a change in the way they were doing things, was it a design flaw, was it supply/demand?

That's one of the coolest stocks ever made and I'd love to get one to try it out, but its becoming impossible to find them lately unless you want to pay a premium price.

Just curious as to why they're no longer made is all...

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think they said it was pretty complicated to produce with what they had at the time. Now its been replaced by the UBR.

Falcon Industries bought the rights to produce them, but haven't released them yet.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I posted these in the Wannamacher's thread, but I'd like to know where the heck to get a few things for it, so I thought I'd just revive an older thread in the right section.

Picked up one at the gun-show - came with no paperwork or anything (they had a few samples at that was it - so I got one for $179).

It will apparently not work with Preset inserts (good luck finding them anyway). Looks like it might, but it doesn't appear to have the preset-skip button on the left side. I just figured out that the "C" button on the right side is to remove the stock from the tube.

Looks like its missing any QD plates (good luck finding those as well, but I'm desperately trying). It came with a double-sided adapter for a single-point sling, but I removed that and plan on getting another Noveske QD plate for the back of it (it looks like it will clear it).

Also there are no screw-holes in the back, so I don't guess I can use Magpul's rubber pad unless I want to drill/tap this one (and I may).

Looks like the Strike-plate will fit this one (and that's about the only thing available out there right now besides a few rubber butt-pads).

Anyone know where to get the QD plates for the M93B or anything made for it for that matter? If worse comes to worst, I'll just have to find an existing QD mount and butcher it up to get some holes drilled and screwed into this thing's side plates.

Here's pics:

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, QD plates are a bear to find - I may just be out of luck.

Found this post that basically says that a Knights adapter made for the LMT Sopmod / Standard M4 stock would work for the M93B, but I've pulled mine apart and I'm not sure it will work with mine:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=188409

This GG&G adapter looks like it might work as well, but I've got virtually no room under the metal retainer mounts for this thing - I don't know that it'll work without having to drill something (which is definitely not preferred).

http://www.gggaz.com/index.php?id=69&parents=153,174

It almost looks like the GG&G front sling-adapter would work:

http://www.operationparts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=GGG-1011&click=2

Wish I had access to some of these to play with fit/finish before I bought one.

Oh well - the search continues.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like they'll be at retailers soon.

http://store.a51tactical.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3893

I'm a single point sling guy anyways...EZ Bake...is it pretty solid?

Its pretty darn solid, but you can see that some of the moldings and what-not aren't as perfect as Magpul's normal stuff (at the molding-seams, etc...).

All and all its well-built and solid enough to take a beating - same material as the original Magpul (same company doing the molding too from what Ergo has to say). I don't know that it justifies the price, but mine came with the stock/tube H2 buffer and spring, so it wasn't a terrible deal.

waffles

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked up one at the show too from JSE surplus for $120 OTD. Mine did not come with buffer or spring though. It will be going on my current build. The thing seems really solid and well built. Looks good on your Sabre rifle there EZ... Man I wish Sabre would put that thundercat on their plain stripped lowers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom