Beretta: 1301 Tactical Mod 2 vs A300 Ultima Patrol (My Review)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve heard others say that they thought the 1301 had less “felt recoil” than the A300, but close as you say. Could be a slight variation in ammo selection causing that.

I’ve also heard:
If going to war, get the M4.
If you’re a dedicated shotgunner, get the 1301.
If you just want a really good semi-auto for occasional shooting, get the A300.

Also, @OK Corgi Rancher check GT Distributors for Federal shells. They had some on Friday. They were “police trade-ins” but I want to say like $3.25-3.50/box of 5.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My only issue with the Benelli (aside from the exorbitant cost) is it can have issues cycling light target loads. Likely not as bad as the 11-87P, but still not reliable. You don't have that issue at all with either Beretta or the Mossberg guns. And the 1301 is 2 lbs lighter than the M4.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Also, @OK Corgi Rancher check GT Distributors for Federal shells. They had some on Friday. They were “police trade-ins” but I want to say like $3.25-3.50/box of 5.

Some pretty good prices for good ammo. Not exactly what I'm wanting but I always appreciate the heads up.

feral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great read. Thank you for sharing. (I really want one of these now)
Same. Want one. See both pop up from time to time and watched some YT vid comparisons, but this is a great write-up, and being from an OSA guy puts it over.
Next time I can convince the wife to let me drive an hour for a weapon, this might be it lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom