Bet you have never seen one of these. swampratt invention

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea I make things to get it done sometimes.
Buddies v6 fuel injected Nissan truck would not start and he got many different reasons why so I made a wooden carburetor adapter.

Carved it from a tree branch i cut off a tree of hie.
This picture is new but I made that adapter and mounted the carb 2 years ago and made the truck run and it ran good.

So 2 years later I remove the thing, it was only tested in park for a few minutes and the truck has sat since then.

001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG

That wood adapter fit into the rubber boot that is attached to the throttle body.

Now the last picture is a steel adapter i will finish today to mount a carter AFB/edelbrock 600 4 barrel to the intake hose on that Nissan and it will be powering the truck down the road in the near future.

I welded ribs in the bottom floor of the intake adapter as we know when fuel hits a flat floor it puddles and the raised ribs will keep it atomized.
I curved the welded lines towards the exit.
I built one similar to this for a 260Z but it had 2 exit pipes as it was a dual carb setup and a made it a single AFB setup.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Subscribed for when the Holley dominator makes its appearance!:mosh:
Was this for the 4.0 VQ40DE?
HA I do not know what size the V6 is i just know he will not put any money towards this thing in the way of pulling all the injectors which are clogged.
Or he would have done it 4 years ago when it was towed to where it is now.

I have known and fished with him since 1976 and this will be turned into a farm vehicle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom