Fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GunSlingingPlatypus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone know of any ponds near the Edmond area for bass fishing that aren't completely inaccessible (private property)? My 12 year old won a fishing derby at my work 2 weeks ago with a 3.5 lbs largemouth and he's hooked. We're struggling to find a good pond or two to try out.

He mentioned going to Eagle Lake in Del City but these Close to Home Fishing ponds have been kind of a bust lately.

GunSlingingPlatypus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are kids only fishing ponds at lake Arcadia, mitch park and Hafer park. I don’t know the status of them though. It’s been years since I had a 12 year old!
The one at Mitch Park is barely an acre large but isn't stocked with bass. It's really shallow also. Now the one behind Mardelin 33rd and Boulevard is a good size pond but we haven't had any luck there.

GunSlingingPlatypus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
kids lake at britton road and hefner parkway is a decent option. its been a couple of years since i fished it, but we usually catch fish when we go. i usually caught more panfish, crappie and channel cat there than bass, but it definitely has bass. the west side of the lake sees less pressure.
We'll have to check it out. It's right behind the baseball field my oldest practices at.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://drottoproducts.com/

I've thought about getting one a time or two.
Looks like a great system.
I'm old school with no partner when launching. That would work well.
Tie a 30' rope to the bow ring and back to the winch area, back down to the water, release the bow rope from the winch, float the boat, and pull the boat slowly to where it grounds on the ramp. (I have a protector).
Undo the rope, refloat the boat, pull it to the side, secure it and get the rig off the ramp.
Easy 5 minute launch for a single boat owner.
Coming back in, usually after dark, the ramp is typically empty, so I can take my time.
Drop the tailgate, back in, bring the boat to the top of the trailer and step across to the tailgate to climb over the side and winch the boat up to the bow ring to hook up. Then climb over the side to the back wheel of the truck and take it out.
There will be a day when that won't happen anymore, but that's my method now.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone know of any ponds near the Edmond area for bass fishing that aren't completely inaccessible (private property)? My 12 year old won a fishing derby at my work 2 weeks ago with a 3.5 lbs largemouth and he's hooked. We're struggling to find a good pond or two to try out.

He mentioned going to Eagle Lake in Del City but these Close to Home Fishing ponds have been kind of a bust lately.
Pretty much stocked with perch and channel cat in those close to home ponds.
If you're looking for quality bass, that isn't the place to fish.

Latest posts

Top Bottom