Oklahoma’s week of wicked weather

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We got hit by the Claremore ’nader. I lost four big trees in the yard, more down my hill. Somehow none hit the house… yet. One is over the house. Still working on clearing. Been out of power since, and no real news of when to expect it restored.

Well, if it cheers you up, I read somewhere that something like 220 power poles were down in that area.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We got hit by the Claremore ’nader. I lost four big trees in the yard, more down my hill. Somehow none hit the house… yet. One is over the house. Still working on clearing. Been out of power since, and no real news of when to expect it restored.
What area of Claremore? I’m just sw. and wasn’t impacted. Let me know if you need some help.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Well, if it cheers you up, I read somewhere that something like 220 power poles were down in that area.

Verdigris Valley electric alone had roughly that many down. Claremore municipal power I haven’t seen a total on. I could have missed it. They posted last night that the areas hit direct they are basically having to completely rebuild the distribution network. “Bowl of wet spaghetti noodles” was how it was described. Yay!

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
What area of Claremore? I’m just sw. and wasn’t impacted. Let me know if you need some help.
Glad you are safe and undamaged!

Thank you! Much appreciated! Right now I’ve got a lot of smaller limbs and branches cleared. Waiting on estimates for tree removal for the two big trees over the house and pool. And still waiting on the adjuster to visit.

Also looks like I will need a roof too. Some wind damage to shingles found by first roofer.

Has anyone heard from @Cowcatcher ?

Latest posts

Top Bottom