‘Hood Disease’ Threatens Inner City Youths

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually ... animals ... errr ... people ... errr ... no, I'm gonna go with the first descriptor ... who shouldn't be allowed to breed are the problem ...

Your kids should come first. You have kids all that other stuff needs to go by the wayside. Don't give me the "oh woe is me I can't get out of the projects" crap ... If I can do it anybody can ...

Yah ... I know ... I'm on a roll today ... :naughty: Please feel free to tell me what a heartless ***** I am ... :)

Preach on sista, preach on!! You be telling the truth!

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pejorative term for a real problem. Ultimately, each individual is responsible for his own actions. However, it's hard to make much of yourself when you are raised in horrible poverty and routine violence. It's easy to demonize these kids, but that won't solve the problem. Unfortunately, we lack the political will to do what is necessary to save these young people and the generations that will follow them.

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMHO It's all an excuse to allow them to act like they do then have it blamed on something so that they and their "parents" aren't held responsible. That way a duck ain't a duck, it's an underprivileged, single parented, misunderstood, medical patient that will no doubt get disability payments now.

Last edited:

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ruby Payne's work ("A Framework for Understanding Poverty", et al) gives a pretty good talking point or starting place to examine the cultural differences developed by children from different economic strata without going into race/ethnicity.

Cedar Creek

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pejorative term for a real problem. Ultimately, each individual is responsible for his own actions. However, it's hard to make much of yourself when you are raised in horrible poverty and routine violence. It's easy to demonize these kids, but that won't solve the problem. Unfortunately, we lack the political will to do what is necessary to save these young people and the generations that will follow them.

I find it apalling that parents and families living in these conditions don't do something about it. If my neighborhood were suffering the same issue and the police didn't do something about it, those of us who live there would! :(

soonerbulldog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will forever remember this post. If I could initiate the slow clap I would.

Actually ... animals ... errr ... people ... errr ... no, I'm gonna go with the first descriptor ... who shouldn't be allowed to breed are the problem ...

Your kids should come first. You have kids all that other stuff needs to go by the wayside. Don't give me the "oh woe is me I can't get out of the projects" crap ... If I can do it anybody can ...

Yah ... I know ... I'm on a roll today ... :naughty: Please feel free to tell me what a heartless ***** I am ... :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom