‘Liberal’ College Students Suddenly Revolt Against Obamacare-Like Health Fees

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, it's just fine and dandy - personally I think they should also be charged interest at whatever the average credit card rate is. But it's also still something else that wasn't explained to people up front - and I'm sure none of them would have taken it to begin with if they'd known it was more than their fair share.

I'm assuming this is a joke.

Saw the light, eh?

If a company government provides healthcare to its employees citizens, it's spending much time and resources on healthcare that it could otherwise be spending on conducting its business such as defending its borders. Obamacare didn't create this dynamic, but it has added to it.

There, fixed it. ;)

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Either way Obamacare ain't going away. Get used to it or just ***** on a forum. The GOP had a chance and blew it.

They have one more chance. IF, they can pull their heads out of their butts and defeat Hillary in 2016, they can repeal or gut Obamacare and get it signed in the Oval Office. Personally, I'm not holding my breath. :(

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who pays for companies to handle it?--the consumers. Society will foot the bill no matter who is doing it...but maybe there is a more efficient/economical system than we have now. How do you propose we fix our health care system?

Well, that's part of the problem - I'm not convinced it was so broken as to really need fixing in the first place. Have there been problems and omissions? Sure, no argument. So address the exceptions, but don't tear down the whole system that was already working for the overwhelming majority.

And the Government itself tacitly admits that in general it's incapable of administering most programs as well and as economically as the private marketplace - thus the entire gamut of Federal Contracting for Services.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As I understand it, (its been kept under the radar by the lame street media) the west coast stevedore shut down that has backed up cargo ships as far as the eye and radar can see is because of obamacare, and how its going to affect the union dock workers.

Obama's reps are on the scene this week, so it will all be swept under the table.

"Kicking the can down the road" marches on:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/02/10/obamacare-tax-threatens-to-close-west-coast-ports/
Obamacare Tax Threatens to Close West Coast Ports
by Mike Flynn 10 Feb 2015 Washington, DC
..."Health benefits exceeding $10,200 a year in value for individuals or $27,500 for families are defined as “Cadillac” plans and are subject to the tax. Health benefits for longshoremen exceed $40,000 per employee, meaning the union would be served an enormous tax bill when the penalty is imposed in 2018.(two years after the next presidential election--so the Republicans can take the blame-my emphasis)"...

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They have one more chance. IF, they can pull their heads out of their butts and defeat Hillary in 2016, they can repeal or gut Obamacare and get it signed in the Oval Office. Personally, I'm not holding my breath. :(

You know there won't be enough Republicans to repeal Obamacare until the GOP has a Super majority. And that ain't gonna happen for about 4 election cycles. By then the bugs will be worked out and it'll be like Social Security. A good topic for forums and to fire up the base but it ain't going nowhere.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Kicking the can down the road" marches on:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/02/10/obamacare-tax-threatens-to-close-west-coast-ports/
Obamacare Tax Threatens to Close West Coast Ports
by Mike Flynn 10 Feb 2015 Washington, DC
..."Health benefits exceeding $10,200 a year in value for individuals or $27,500 for families are defined as “Cadillac” plans and are subject to the tax. Health benefits for longshoremen exceed $40,000 per employee, meaning the union would be served an enormous tax bill when the penalty is imposed in 2018.(two years after the next presidential election--so the Republicans can take the blame-my emphasis)"...

Sure seems our libs don't want to touch this with a 10'pole. Wonder why?

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yes I've read the link. And it says contract negotiations are still ongoing. Actually it says impasse but if it was truly an impasse the ports would be closed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom