‘Liberal’ College Students Suddenly Revolt Against Obamacare-Like Health Fees

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, that's part of the problem - I'm not convinced it was so broken as to really need fixing in the first place. Have there been problems and omissions? Sure, no argument. So address the exceptions, but don't tear down the whole system that was already working for the overwhelming majority.

And the Government itself tacitly admits that in general it's incapable of administering most programs as well and as economically as the private marketplace - thus the entire gamut of Federal Contracting for Services.
If you really believe our health care system isn't broken, so be it. I won't waste my time trying to convince you otherwise. There's study after study after study showing otherwise (e.g., the vast majority--more than 80%--of Americans are dissatisfied with our health care system and consider it a high priority for governmental change...taken before Obamacare). The private marketplace has robustly demonstrated that it's too phucking greedy to place people's health first, or to even ensure that everyone has a minimum level of health care or protection from bankrupting medical bills.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If you really believe our health care system isn't broken, so be it. I won't waste my time trying to convince you otherwise. There's study after study after study showing otherwise (e.g., the vast majority--more than 80%--of Americans are dissatisfied with our health care system and consider it a high priority for governmental change...taken before Obamacare). The private marketplace has robustly demonstrated that it's too phucking greedy to place people's health first, or to even ensure that everyone has a minimum level of health care or protection from bankrupting medical bills.

I knew you were a bleeding heart Liberal Obama supporter. SlugSlinger should have banned you.

Nobody on this board wants wants insurance.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I knew you were a bleeding heart Liberal Obama supporter. SlugSlinger should have banned you.

Nobody on this board wants wants insurance.
Nope...I'm not an Obama supporter, and there isn't any political party that represents me any better than another. Yes, I should have been banned long ago. And I have top quality insurance that is totally paid for by my employer, so why should I care about everyone else? ;)

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

In reality, I think that much is probably a wash either way - "corporate greed" vs "government inefficiency" and self-perpetuating bureaucracies. In fact, I'd venture to blame a significant portion of responsibility for the high cost of health care on government involvement - prior to and post-ACA.

Latest posts

Top Bottom