‘Liberal’ College Students Suddenly Revolt Against Obamacare-Like Health Fees

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In reality, I think that much is probably a wash either way - "corporate greed" vs "government inefficiency" and self-perpetuating bureaucracies. In fact, I'd venture to blame a significant portion of responsibility for the high cost of health care on government involvement - prior to and post-ACA.
I guessed you were just trolling. Check.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And the libs are the party of caring?? Good Lord I'm laughing my a$$ off now.

The libs are "THE PARTY OF CARING", caring if they have ALL THE POWER, caring if they have ALL THE CONTROL, caring if they have ALL THE MONEY, caring if the have ALL THE ETC., ETC., ETC.-----in other words(Soviet/Russian words) they are the Nomenklatura party.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because caring means your a Libtarded anti gun something or nuther. OSA ain't about caring. We're about being war mongers, Corporation worshipers, GOP and God n stuff.

This is good...really good...I may have to steal it.

I shoulda copyrighted it.

You did--the moment you wrote it. Copyright is attached at inception. Registration only strengthens your claim--and trust me, the registration fee is not worth it for one short paragraph!

Sent from my home using Tapakeyboard. (©2015 by OKNewshawk, All Rights Reserved)

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You did--the moment you wrote it. Copyright is attached at inception. Registration only strengthens your claim--and trust me, the registration fee is not worth it for one short paragraph!

Sent from my home using Tapakeyboard. (©2015 by OKNewshawk, All Rights Reserved)

So can I sue for damages? I've been quoted in Lotsa signatures, maybe I can make a buck.

And if i copyrighted my screen name does that mean OSA couldn't use it without my permission? That'd be funny. We could all do that and JB would have to pay us if he wanted us to post in his forum.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know there won't be enough Republicans to repeal Obamacare until the GOP has a Super majority. And that ain't gonna happen for about 4 election cycles. By then the bugs will be worked out and it'll be like Social Security. A good topic for forums and to fire up the base but it ain't going nowhere.

You don't need a supermajority with a POTUS willing to sign legislation. You also don't need an iron clad court case if you have an SG unwilling to defend the law, at least not effectively. There's more than one way to skin an Obamacare. :)

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just for grins and giggle, I'll repeat my past experiences.

I remember when I could walk into ANY doctor's office, plop down $5, $10, or at worse, $15 and be treated. If one wanted to, one could purchase insurance for "catastrophic" illnesses. Personally, I don't remember too many people complaining at that time.

Then along came HMO's and PPO's where someone else was telling me I HAD to have a primary care doctor before I could do anything. If I remember right, Teddy Kennedy (the real politician - not the OSA member) had a part in writing the legislation that created those "health care systems." In his later years, he then decided that he needed to "fix" the health care system and began trying to get MORE health care legislation.

That brings us to Obamacare, which has been a disaster for a lot of people, including helping create the mentality of Cornell wanting to do similarly with their system. The American people were lied to in order to get this monstrosity passed, and a lot lost their doctors and their existing health coverage. And, the other shoe is due to fall when the employer mandate "extension" expires.

We retired last July and my wife can't afford health coverage that is available to her, even through the Obamacare exchanges, without there being extremely high deductibles. A $10,000 deductible would mean that for the most part, we would never have insurance to cover most of her medical needs because our needs aren't that high. However, in spite of that, she would still have to be paying a $300 (or more) monthly payment for that health "coverage."

Oh, and I've talked with a number of young people who state that they will just pay the penalty. How's that going to help Obamacare fund its needs?

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just saw this over on Yahoo! News. A story by the Associated Press that, yet again, the government has screwed things up. A little note to add is that "supposedly" 11.4 million have signed up this year, but how many of those have actually paid. However, even if they all paid up, I thought the idea of Obamacare was to provide coverage for something like 40 million or more people. What about the rest of that number, plus the number that lost their coverage?

Government is the LAST entity that should be administrating almost any program.

800,000 Healthcare.gov Customers Given Wrong Tax Information

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guessed you were just trolling. Check.

Not really - not only do I not believe the federal government *will* do any better, I'm sincerely doubtful that the federal government *can* do any better than the private marketplace in terms of pure cost/benefit - all politics aside - at healthcare or much of anything else. The (very) few things it really should be doing are the ones that seem to go ignored for the most part.

Latest posts

Top Bottom