‘Liberal’ College Students Suddenly Revolt Against Obamacare-Like Health Fees

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes but my point was still valid, you would have a de facto tort reform because all the "my hangnail got infected, now where's my $20 million?" crowd wouldn't even bother if they weren't going to be getting it. Plus I was being facetious.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pain and suffering is a compensatory damage, not a punitive damage.

OK. I stand corrected. Further looking states that at a couple of different legal websites. I always thought that pain and suffering fell in with punitive damages because, to me, compensatory only included actual losses of income and costs of care. My bad.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK. I stand corrected. Further looking states that at a couple of different legal websites. I always thought that pain and suffering fell in with punitive damages because, to me, compensatory only included actual losses of income and costs of care. My bad.
It's compensating for the loss in quality of life.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The moral of the story is, be careful who you vote for, you might just get the person. I hope these kids have learned their lesson, it was a mistake to determine those 18 years of age adults because they are immature and still do rash things. The break the law and have a criminal record haunting them the remainder of their lives whereas before they made them an adult at 18 if they committed a crime it was exonerated from their records a soon as they reached adulthood at age 21.
The entire purpose was for the Democrats to obtain more voters in my opinion.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The moral of the story is, be careful who you vote for, you might just get the person. I hope these kids have learned their lesson, it was a mistake to determine those 18 years of age adults because they are immature and still do rash things. The break the law and have a criminal record haunting them the remainder of their lives whereas before they made them an adult at 18 if they committed a crime it was exonerated from their records a soon as they reached adulthood at age 21.
The entire purpose was for the Democrats to obtain more voters in my opinion.
You've been thinking about this post for some time, huh! :thumbup3:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's happening now is that the major insurance companies are opting to get out of the Obamacare program because they are loosing money big time. Etna is the latest to toss it into the urinal.
The millennials didn't sign up as forecast because its cheaper to pay the fine. This year most policies will go up substantially as it was written into the law because they thought people are beholden to insurance policy's. Didn't happen. Most would rather play the "I won't get sick" game and use social services if they are available.
Obamacare is nothing more than a government ran pyramid scheme gone awry. It failed, and it can't be fixed without government subsidies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom