“Political correctness is B.S.,” Coburn said Thursday night

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-PxA5nUjkg&playnext=1&list=PLD046C2AD6AE12478

Take note of what he says at 2:24... in direct contradiction of the entire premise of his speech. Respect for a man who says one thing about the Constitution then turns around and ignores it? Seriously? At the very least he should have abstained from voting. At best he should have voted NO. Just another politician and a hypocrit who deserves being removed from office for violating his oath he took to defend the Constitution.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup, Coburn is far from perfect. But in at least the article I originally posted, I agree with his sentiments. Though I know your last post was direct at others and not me particularly, as the OP.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yup, Coburn is far from perfect. But in at least the article I originally posted, I agree with his sentiments. Though I know your last post was direct at others and not me particularly, as the OP.

My post was directed at those who have "respect" for the man. I actually respected and voted for him prior to that issue but that vote on TARP changed my opinion of him. I don't respect him anymore even though he talks a good game but his actions say something else.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My post was directed at those who have "respect" for the man. I actually respected and voted for him prior to that issue but that vote on TARP changed my opinion of him. I don't respect him anymore even though he talks a good game but his actions say something else.

You lost all respect for someone because of ONE vote?? Do you lose all respect for friends that disagree with you on ONE issue? I've NEVER seen a politician that I agreed with 100% but I still respect their views and will vote for the ones that I agree with the most. There are too many varying opinions in our nation to ever get everybody to agree on everything and seriously...who would want to live in that kind of place anyway? Borg cube anyone?

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You lost all respect for someone because of ONE vote?? Do you lose all respect for friends that disagree with you on ONE issue? I've NEVER seen a politician that I agreed with 100% but I still respect their views and will vote for the ones that I agree with the most. There are too many varying opinions in our nation to ever get everybody to agree on everything and seriously...who would want to live in that kind of place anyway? Borg cube anyone?

It only takes one thing to discredit a person's character. As I said, he could have abstained. His YES vote simply indicated that the Constitution's restraints on government didn't mean much to him as he let on in the speech. I don't lose respect for people who differ on issues. I don't want people to be the same. But it's one thing to say the Constitution is a limit on government and then do the very thing he spoke against.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It only takes one thing to discredit a person's character. As I said, he could have abstained. His YES vote simply indicated that the Constitution's restraints on government didn't mean much to him as he let on in the speech. I don't lose respect for people who differ on issues. I don't want people to be the same. But it's one thing to say the Constitution is a limit on government and then do the very thing he spoke against.

Would Peter's character be discredited for his denial of Christ then? Or is he simply human? Dr. Coburn was spot on about treating symptoms and not the root cause but notice that he never said that symptoms don't need to be treated IN ADDITION TO the root cause. He's right, we've gotten ourselves in a heck of a mess and we may indeed be forced to deal with symptoms while we work out the solutions to problems. As it turns out, working out the symptoms to problems takes a very long time and a lot of work. Is the solution ideal? No it isn't, but I don't believe that he has done anything to discredit his character by acknowledging the fact that symptoms are going to have to be dealt with in the meantime.

Latest posts

Top Bottom