“Shoot to Wound” vs. “Shoot to Stop” vs. “Shoot to Kill.”

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What would you do?

• Shoot to Kill

Votes: 47 42.7%
  • Shoot to Stop

Votes: 60 54.5%
  • Shoot to Wound

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shoot to Disarm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no opinion I would like to voice.

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shoot to stop, not kill, for legal reasons and your own peace of mind (unless you enjoy killing people).

Pain won't stop some attackers, so you have to physically disable their body to make them stop. One of the best ways to do this is make them bleed to the point they can't fight. The area to shoot that is most likely to cause the most blood loss is the chest.

Shoot to stop; if they die that is an unfortunate consequence of their actions which nobody wants.

copertop80

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The law enforcement/private securiety training I've had, probably 10 yes ago now, you are supposed to shoot to make the person who is a threat stop doing what they are doing. The amounts of shots and placement depends on the situations. If you voted shoot to kill, you probably don't have enough respect for human life to be carrying/owning a gun. That being said I won't say someone is right or wrong because of something that the did or did not do in a "fog of war" type situation.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Im shooting to wound, if they die as a result.....im sorry.

Disclaimer......to any jurors. Im just attempting to be funny on a forum. If your considering these comments while judgeing me, please know, I bear no malice to anyone. I simply defended myself or others to make the threat stop.

Oh and tell the DA to f**k off and leave me alone.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, is all I can think of. Why the poll. If a person pulls and squeezes the trigger I hope it is to stop the threat. I also hope you are training to shoot center mass as that is the largest part of the target and easier to hit. If the person dies, hopefully it is a good shoot. If they do not, but the threat is stopped, then hopefully you will have leo intervention and they take them into custody for the consequences of their actions. I hope I never have to kill another person, but this is how I was trained and will apply if it comes to that. Anything less can and will get you killed. I am not a killer, badass or anything else, but I do want to go home to my family if this scenario ever comes up. Your version of this scenario may vary, but pray and take the appropriate action as to your carrrying a gun. It is not for everyone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom