‘Biggest Iceberg Evah’ Story Is Just More Climate Fake News

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
//sniff, sniff// The . . the earth isn't flat? :cry11:

Can I get you a hanky?
You know the worlds greatest minds had the rest of the world fully convinced the world was flat back in the day.
Then, free thinking individuals that refused to believe the smartest minds decided to set sail and see how close to the edge they could get.
Well, they found out there wasn't an edge. Centuries of scientific fact went out the window.
Thank God there are still free thinking people in this world that challenge and often times prove the greatest minds we have to be completely and totally wrong, sometimes wrong by their own hand with false data and outright fraud.
So, if you still need that hanky, I'll get you one.
I suspect I may have to hand out another one as well. [emoji6]

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can I get you a hanky?
You know the worlds greatest minds had the rest of the world fully convinced the world was flat back in the day.
Then, free thinking individuals that refused to believe the smartest minds decided to set sail and see how close to the edge they could get.
Well, they found out there wasn't an edge. Centuries of scientific fact went out the window.
Thank God there are still free thinking people in this world that challenge and often times prove the greatest minds we have to be completely and totally wrong, sometimes wrong by their own hand with false data and outright fraud.
You left out a large part of the story...the part where the round-earth deniers remained unconvinced by the scientific evidence of a round earth for a long time. It was scientists who took careful measurements, and tried to convince society that the earth is round. No, not even sailing around the world was enough to convince deniers...guess what they said?...it was "fake news!". The same things ACC deniers are now saying about climate-change science are the very same things that round-earth deniers said about the science of their time. Scientists (and citizens that supported them) were banned, shunned, excommunicated, and killed for trying to convince society that the earth is indeed round. It was *not* deniers that changed thinking about the earth being round...it was scientists, data, and enough time for society's acceptance of evidence-based consensus. The exact same thing, and process, has happened in today's society with man-caused climate change. Dennis, you are not in the "free thinking individuals" group in the story...you are in the "deniers" group.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Can I get you a hanky?

What funny, and sad at the same time, is you believe that narrative. The great scientific minds new for centuries the earth was a sphere. It was the leaders, i.e., politicians, and religious folk that said it was flat.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dennis, you are not in the "free thinking individuals" group in the story...you are in the "deniers" group.
Don't you see the fallacy of your statement? Typical tactic is to put the opposition into a box in attempt to shut them up for being a free thinking skeptic that doesn't blindly accept what is not proven.
Only stupid people blindly believe everything they have told without questioning the source.
What the free thinking skeptics have proven even on this forum is a succession of false data and government money influence on the field of climate warming.
When a large part of the scientific data was found to be intentionally falsified, the narrative had to be changed to climate change.
Well, dammit don't you hate it when that happened?
Anybody that has the ability to think freely cannot continue to trust anything from the scientific warming community after that and must question everything related to it.
We have been told every ten years since 1970 that the earth is going to die on 10 years either by glaciers or a watery grave because of the rising oceans. Good grief! Al Gores crap is being taught in schools. Isn't he the one that said most of NYC would be underwater by Y2k?
I just looked at google earth. All the beaches are still there, the docks in the harbor are just as high as the day Gore published his book.
Every prediction has been unfounded and found to have never happened, and you question why I'm a free thinking skeptic?
I could add another ten pages of reasoning, but think the above proves I'm not a denier, but a free thinking skeptic.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't you see the fallacy of your statement? Typical tactic is to put the opposition into a box in attempt to shut them up for being a free thinking skeptic that doesn't blindly accept what is not proven.
Only stupid people blindly believe everything they have told without questioning the source.
What the free thinking skeptics have proven even on this forum is a succession of false data and government money influence on the field of climate warming.
When a large part of the scientific data was found to be intentionally falsified, the narrative had to be changed to climate change.
Anybody that has the ability to think freely cannot continue to trust anything from the scientific warming community after that and must question everything related to it.
We have been told every ten years since 1970 that the earth is going to die on 10 years either by glaciers or a watery grave because of the rising oceans. Good grief! Al Gores crap is being taught in schools. Isn't he the one that said most of NYC would be underwater by Y2k?
I just looked at google earth. All the beaches are still there, the docks in the harbor are just as high as the day Gore published his book.
Every prediction has been unfounded and found to have never happened, and you question why I'm a free thinking skeptic?
I could add another ten pages of reasoning, but think the above proves I'm not a denier, but a free thinking skeptic.

You don't understand Dennis! This is just like the media. First they denounce everyone who doesn't think like them as unreliable and corrupted by ideology. That way when the self-appointed cognoscenti repeatedly lie to you and give you false data, you still don't have a viable alternate source because they've already established themselves as the only trustworthy source. You simply don't have a choice and must rely on them to tell you the truth! ;)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You don't understand Dennis! This is just like the media. First they denounce everyone who doesn't think like them as unreliable and corrupted by ideology. That way when the self-appointed cognoscenti repeatedly lie to you and give you false data, you still don't have a viable alternate source because they've already established themselves as the only trustworthy source. You simply don't have a choice and must rely on them to tell you the truth! ;)

The capability and the right to question anything and everything is a right that nobody can take away from me by trying to box me in or assign titles.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is no doubting there is some bad climate science out there...but that's no different than any other domain of science...skeptics are the people that separate the good science from the bad science from the pseudoscience. In regard to man-caused climate change, "Deniers are not Skeptics": http://www.csicop.org/news/show/deniers_are_not_skeptics. In this case, you are not being a scientific skeptic, at all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom