‘Stand your ground’ law protects shooter in deadly fight over parking space: sheriff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://nypost.com/2018/07/20/stand...r-in-deadly-fight-over-parking-space-sheriff/

Thanks to Buzzgun for sharing a higher definition extended video!
https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=sqPbL_1532105651

Now, after looking at that video, I'm not entirely sure the bullet was justified.
I also understand that I may get alot of hate for saying that.
But, in my eyes, the pistol was doing the job it needed to before the shot was fired...

Apologies if this has already been posted..
Second apologies if this is in the wrong discussion. I don't normally venture outside the classifieds. Feel free to move it if it needs to be moved.
Edited to embed YT video

Last edited:

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw a video this morning of it on the news, they stopped the video at the point where the guy had been pushed to the ground, and the other guy stepped back. Looks like this is the same video(ABC). Not sure when the shot took place.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I saw a video this morning of it on the news, they stopped the video at the point where the guy had been pushed to the ground, and the other guy stepped back. Looks like this is the same video(ABC). Not sure when the shot took place.
From the video posted in the nyp link at top, it looks like it’s about 2 seconds after he pulled that he shot the guy. The guy did step back but also looked like he was trying to take another step, my guess would be to turn but could interpreted as a step toward. It didn’t look like he was in danger after pulling, but who can say how he felt at the time.

Then there’s the whole brandishing thing if he hadn’t shot.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FL law, recently changed, requires the state to PROVE shooter has no right to claim SYG defense, where previously shooter could only use SYG as an affirmative defense.
Hard to retreat when knocked to the ground.
The initial ARGUMENT was about a parking space, but the shooting is about a PHYSICAL ASSAULT. Local FL media is reporting 2 shots fired, and no retreat until the first shot?
The case may degenerate into which guy you like best for whatever reason, but the law is about a young guy initiating violence by knocking down an old guy and then the old guy escalates the violence by shooting him. Who shouted at whom first is irrelevant; no shouting justifies violence. Remember your carry class?
What a mess, and NOBODY giving an inch. Would not want any part of it....IANAL

Latest posts

Top Bottom