‘This Is Not Going to Be the Country of White People’

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
in case anyone cares about the actual quote, and not just the headline,

“This is not going to be the country of the xenophobics. This is not going to be the country of white people. This is not going to be the country of the few. This is going to be the country of the many.”

And your point? Is not message is the messenger?

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The district that elected her has one of, if not the, largest population of Somalis in the country.
Somehow my opinion of them is being influenced by her behavior and big mouth.
Normally I wouldn’t condone judging a group of people by what one of them says or does, but they literally voted for her to represent them.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
in case anyone cares about the actual quote, and not just the headline,

“This is not going to be the country of the xenophobics. This is not going to be the country of white people. This is not going to be the country of the few. This is going to be the country of the many.”

https://www.newsweek.com/ilhan-omar-black-lives-matter-donald-trump-gop-goons-anti-semitism-1411102

Someone needs to tell her this already IS a country of the many. Any number of history books about the birth of this country and the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island should help her out.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ilhan Omar: 'This Is Not Going to Be the Country of White People'

More venom spewed by someone who should not even been allowed into our country. She is one of the most racist members of
the House of Representatives. If a Republican said this there would be a firestorm from CNN and MSNBC as well as CAIR, Sharpton et al.
If Pelosi had the courage she
should shut this wench down. But Pelosi taken a back seat to the newcomers and apparently has some degree of fear...
And we have those wonderful Democrats to thank for this

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Someone needs to tell her this already IS a country of the many. Any number of history books about the birth of this country and the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island should help her out.

in many ways, i agree. However this country also does have a long history of xenophobia at times, as well.

And i can also see how, as a political message, this would play well with her constituents.

But i wasn't arguing her point, merely adding context to an otherwise inflammatory headline

Last edited:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting little factoid that I saw at the link below that was NOT in the Breitbart story.

Rep. Ilhan Omar Calls Anti-Semitism/Islamophobia Two Sides of Same Coin

"...Omar said to a crowd of more than 100 supporters Tuesday at an event at the Capitol organized by founders of Black Lives Matter."

I have to wonder if those "supporters" had to be bused in?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will come out here on the other side... you can easily make a case, especially based on the entire statement, that she was trying to say this isn't going to be a country that is identified as white ONLY. That the previous identity of America is AS a white country. Let's face it, we've had some pretty shameful incidents and history in our country - what country HASN'T???

I don't care if we aren't identified as a WHITE country. I DO, however, think we should be identified DIVERSELY. I am all for that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom