“Full semi auto”

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, I only watched the video one time. Did I miss where this military officer explained what it was that he did in the military? Was he a commander of a combat unit, or was he in supply or something. (Sorry...flashback to Clint Eastwood's movie "Heartbreak Ridge" where his company commander went from supply to a combat position.)

For crying out loud, I wasn't ever in a combat scenario and I am amazed at this man.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can’t understand why they don’t air an interview with an intelligent pro 2nd Amendment person who knows this weapon platform and can explain that the ONLY difference between it and any other Semi-automatic Rifle is its appearance.
SCARY!!!
Then again, it may change the Leftist Agenda towards pushing for a ban on all Semi-autos. Hmmm....

You're more right than you think--they even admit to it sometimes. From Josh Sugarmann, founder of the Violence Policy Center, circa 1988:
Assault weapons—just like armor-piercing bullets, machine guns, and plastic firearms—are a new topic. The weapons' menacing looks, coupled with the public's confusion over fully automatic machine guns versus semi-automatic assault weaponsanything that looks like a machine gun is assumed to be a machine gun—can only increase the chance of public support for restrictions on these weapons. [Emphasis mine.]​
Source: http://www.vpc.org/studies/awaconc.htm

Note closely the source I cite: it's not somebody altering the quote, it's the VPC itself. It doesn't get much more credible than that.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
More like “full retard”. This is why Officers get made fun of.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2018/02/27/ar-15s-up-close-tuchman-dnt-ac.cnn

NOTE: This guy was NOT a U.S. Marine Officer. (Sorry, my army brothers-in-arms...he's all yours).

But on a more * serious note, did you guys see how fast he could fire it in full semi-auto? I mean...like a boolet went out every time he pulled the trigger!

(* serious: In this context, the word serious means boolshizz).

As a retired officer, I am thoroughly embarrassed, even though this jokester was in the army.

Go_Ordnance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, I only watched the video one time. Did I miss where this military officer explained what it was that he did in the military? Was he a commander of a combat unit, or was he in supply or something. (Sorry...flashback to Clint Eastwood's movie "Heartbreak Ridge" where his company commander went from supply to a combat position.)

For crying out loud, I wasn't ever in a combat scenario and I am amazed at this man.

He was an armor officer (tanker). He's commanded up to US Army Europe / 7th Army. His bio shows he was the operations officer for a cav squadron during Desert Storm and the Assistant Division Commander - Support for 1st Armored Division in OIF.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

He began his professional career in Europe as a second lieutenant, leading tank and scout platoons in the 3rd Infantry Division in 1975–1977. In 1988, he returned to Europe as a major, serving first on the staff of the 1st Armored Division as the deputy G-3, then as the S-3 of 1st Squadron, 1st Cavalry Regiment (Blackhawks) with whom he deployed during Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm. The 1-1 Cavalry was cited for its role in the Battle of Medina Ridge, where Hertling was wounded in action.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I served under LTG Hertling in 2003-2004 in Baghdad with the 1st Armored Division. He was a Brigadier General (1 Star) then and the Deputy Commanding General for Support for the Division. The Commander of the Division was MG Martin Dempsey who later served as the 18th Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff from October 1, 2011 until September 25, 2015. This retired General is not the same man I served with. I understand the role these retired Generals play as Network Military experts, but this video IMO should have been a Sergeant First Class or Gunnery Sergeant Infantryman who knew the weapon like his wife... Not a hit on GOs, but the men that are the experts in arms generally have Stripes not Stars. Yes, I am a retired Army Officer and know my NCO's were the best men to do most jobs. I never took point on a patrol, they did. They kept my trucks running, they kept the Soldiers fit and trained and they did it damn well. Officers have a role in the Military and that role is significant, but the NCO is the **** and that is a fact.

David

Latest posts

Top Bottom