“Full semi auto”

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where dose cnn get these people?
He's going to shoot a simiauto fullauto?
It's probably a good thing this guy is not in the military anymore being that he dose not know his weapons platforms.
Most officers don't know squat about weapons.
They can wield a mighty pencil though.
Getting a General Officer to be your "gun expert"(there are exceptions) is no different than hiring some guy off the street to be an anal inspector in a gay hotel.
CNN went out and found the exact person they needed to complete their narrative.

CGS1

I'm Retired, Do It Yourself.
Special Hen
Reaction score
Getting a General Officer to be your "gun expert"(there are exceptions) is no different than hiring some guy off the street to be an anal inspector in a gay hotel.
CNN went out and found the exact person they needed to complete their narrative.
Understand, It's just crazy anymore. Not like it was when I was growing up and people had common sense.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This so called soldier is a disgrace. He knows nothing about the AR or the m4. I don’t give a rats rear how long he was in the army. That automatically make you a gun expert? I don’t think so. Or a ballistics expert? No. But he sure thinks he is. Just look at the way he shoots. He looks as if he has never even fired a weapon in this life. But then again, this was a propaganda piece designed to make the AR seem so bad. Just like his comment about how bad the damage is from these rounds. It’s so bad in fact that soldiers complain about it all the time because it isn’t as effective as it needs to be. I don’t care what caliber you use, it you are shooting people point blank and are putting good shots on Target the person is gonna have a lot of damage to their bodies. It sure is a good thing the VT shooter only used pistols. Had he used an evil black rifle the death toll would have been in the thousands.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

C'mon Dennis, surely you can't say that with a straight face? I was an Infantry Officer in the US Marine Corps and they taught me a hell of a lot about weapons. I dare say I knew at least as much about all the various weapons systems in my units as any of my men in either my outfits or under my command. But then, I can't really speak for the overall knowledge and quality of army officers, so in that context, maybe you are at least somewhat right. This guy may have simply been bowled over by the CNN nerds, who knows? Maybe he's just getting old...or on some meds that make him goofy...but to denigrate ALL (or as you said; most) Officers for his poor showing on TV just isn't right.

And TonyKane1...you really should be cool about calling somebody you don't know, and based on this one incident, a disgrace, don't you think? Please do not turn this onto some dumb NCO vs Officer bull-hockey. I was proud to be an Officer of Marines, maybe even a little more proud than when I was a Staff NCO of Marines.

Go_Ordnance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never go Full Semi Automatic.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
C'mon Dennis, surely you can't say that with a straight face? I was an Infantry Officer in the US Marine Corps and they taught me a hell of a lot about weapons. I dare say I knew at least as much about all the various weapons systems in my units as any of my men in either my outfits or under my command. But then, I can't really speak for the overall knowledge and quality of army officers, so in that context, maybe you are at least somewhat right. This guy may have simply been bowled over by the CNN nerds, who knows? Maybe he's just getting old...or on some meds that make him goofy...but to denigrate ALL (or as you said; most) Officers for his poor showing on TV just isn't right.

And TonyKane1...you really should be cool about calling somebody you don't know, and based on this one incident, a disgrace, don't you think? Please do not turn this onto some dumb NCO vs Officer bull-hockey. I was proud to be an Officer of Marines, maybe even a little more proud than when I was a Staff NCO of Marines.

Note very carefully I said most, not all.
You would be an exception.
The majority of officers are in non combat assignments during most of their careers with administrative duties.
To be honest about it, the majority of enlisted know very little of weapons other than their annual qualifying if they still have to do that. Those assigned to combat units are the exception.

Latest posts

Top Bottom