“Traditional masculinity” is hamful = the Amer Psych Ass is a political body not a scientific one

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawkman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You'd be amazed how often the preacher talks about the importance of showing ones emotions. Foregoing machismo and such, as it is how Jesus lead by example.

This seems pretty common from my experience as well. No wonder books like Wild at Heart by John Eldredge are so popular among men (particularly religious men)--at many places of worship men are only told to be kind, compassionate, and gentle. These are fine values, but men need to be taught the virtues of strength, aggression, decisiveness, and so forth. The gift of aggression coupled with a moral value system is a rare combination we as a society would be wise to foster.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
The APA explains that “traditional masculinity — marked by stoicism, competitiveness, dominance and aggression — is, on the whole, harmful. Men socialized in this way are less likely to engage in healthy behaviors.”

Wonder if these idiots even read this drivel before they print it LOL Take all these away and we would still be sitting in caves.

sto·i·cism
/ˈstōəˌsizəm/
noun
  1. 1.
    the endurance of pain or hardship without the display of feelings and without complaint.
    synonyms: patience, forbearance, resignation, lack of protest, lack of complaint, fortitude, endurance, acceptance, acceptance of the inevitable, fatalism, philosophicalness, impassivity, dispassion, phlegm, imperturbability, calmness, coolness, cool; More

2. 2.
    an ancient Greek school of philosophy founded at Athens by Zeno of Citium. The school taught that virtue, the highest good, is based on knowledge; the wise live in harmony with the divine Reason (also identified with Fate and Providence) that governs nature, and are indifferent to the vicissitudes of fortune and to pleasure and pain.
Seems to me we need a whole lot more of this in America, deal with **** with out crying like a little............ well you ladies and gents get where I was headed LOL

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You'd be amazed how often the preacher talks about the importance of showing ones emotions. Foregoing machismo and such, as it is how Jesus lead by example.

Well, I don't know. We had a preacher (he's retired now and occasionally fills in) that preached from the pulpit that all husbands and fathers were "duty bound" to own a firearm (he always said shotgun) with which to protect his wife and kids.

Latest posts

Top Bottom