03-A3 extractor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check out http://www.scopemounts.com/ . No drill scope mounts for 1903 Springfields and 03a3s. I put one on my sporterized 03a3 and it does the trick. (not the one you helped me with Luke! ;) )

I'm not sure if the S&K mount will work...I believe that it installs on the rear dovetail. If I remember correctly I may have suggested a no-drill mount that attaches to the cut-off when this rifle was first discussed.

DRC458...this is the rifle with the Mauser Lyman 48 rear sight correct?

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the S&K mount will work...I believe that it installs on the rear dovetail. If I remember correctly I may have suggested a no-drill mount that attaches to the cut-off when this rifle was first discussed.

DRC458...this is the rifle with the Mauser Lyman 48 rear sight correct?

Yes, it is; and the S&K mount will NOT work. I've already heard back from them. I don't remember you mentioning another no-drill mount. Please refresh my memory.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe that both B Square and Sun Optics make a no-drill style mount that attached to the cut-off recess. I can't speak for how stable (or unstable) they may be since they are both cantilever mounts that are unsupported in the front.

IMHO if the rifle were mine, I would probably stick with the Lyman rear sight if you are able to find the replacement parts or just have it D&T'ed for a side mount. At this point the receiver has been D&T'ed once for the sights and had the bridge hacked off. A few more holes won't really matter.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, they do. Both B Square and Sun Optics still offer one. Thanks for the info. That's another option. Like I said, I do already have the side mount. I don't really like side mounts either, but that may be the easiest, most stable, way to go.

Latest posts

Top Bottom