03 c&r ffl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CD68

Marksman
Reaction score
I've had mine for a little over a year now. I was a little nervous, but I've never been contacted by any agency. It pretty much went like all the forums said...send in your money and wait about six weeks. I picked up a nice rifle a few weeks after getting the C&R. It was nice to have it shipped straight to my door.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one and have used it to order 3 rifles so far. It is a very simple, inexpensive process to obtain and though I haven't done it yet you can send a copy to Midway, etc. to receive discounts. I've heard that even Rock River will accept the 03 for discounts.

I have known at least one person who had the C&R but let it lapse due to the extra paperwork involved in purchasing firearms.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OKC_Jim said:
How much and what kind of extra paper work are we talking about?

If you occasionally purchase firearms it wont be a big deal but one individual I know purchased a fair amount of them. And as a 03 holder, every purchase has to be documented.

T.R.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My understanding is that documentation basically consists of writing down the model, serial number, date purchased, etc in your book. Is that correct, or is there more to it than that?

That pretty much sums it up. You must keep a bound book and log all C&R firearms in and out. I had a C&R license for six years and received one visit from BATFE out of OKC. The agent was polite, professional and friendly. No big deal.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had a C&R for over ten years now. I have not purchased a great number of long guns or hand guns with it but it comes in really handy some times at gun shows. When buying from dealers like Samco (in FL) the task is simple. Send a signed copy of the FFL and make your puchase. The box will come to your business address...defined as your home but the ATFE wants to know where you do business... Hey, it their rules I can live with it. If you move you have to notify the ATFE prior to "loosing" the old address. I don't think I've ever been visited by anyone. Though they may be listening to this post so I think I'll put my aluminum foil hat back on...LOL. Sorry I could not resist that. Oh, idp-4570 is right...you're going to need a bigger safe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom