+1 mag extension for 20 gauge 870

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just purchased a Remington 870 TAC-14 20 Gauge. I believe it's a 4+1 capacity and I'm assuming that's 2 3/4" shells although this firearm is also chambered for 3". Okay 4+1 is not bad but I was just wondering if there is a +1 extension for a 20 gauge 870 available. If so does anyone know where I could pick one up? I do not want one of those door breach ones but rather one that doesn't go past the muzzle. While I'm at it does anyone have any other suggestions for accessorizing this "firearm"?
tac-14.jpg

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nordic Components used to make +1 extentions, but dont think they still make them anymore. I have one on my 870. but in the last few years, I havnt seen any smaller than +2 in a long while

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nordic Components used to make +1 extentions, but dont think they still make them anymore. I have one on my 870. but in the last few years, I havnt seen any smaller than +2 in a long while
Yeah I believe I looked at their website and if I remember right they still make a +1 but only for a 12 gauge.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I believe I looked at their website and if I remember right they still make a +1 but only for a 12 gauge.
I looked last night and didnt see any +1s though might have missed it. In any case, I did miss that you asked about 20g and not 12g.

For 20 gauge it looks like 4rd is the shortest

Last edited:

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I looked last night and didnt see any +1s though might have missed it. In any case, I did miss that you asked about 20g and not 12g.

Thanks very much for your effort. I'm probably going to be okay with a 4 plus 1 capacity.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Not trying to change your mind, just didn't work for me. I thought of the brace, they have a few complete set ups at Big Boys. The sharp edges of the brace really digs into your shoulder, or mine anyway. I went with a 870 Tactical 20ga, it's small enough to move around the house and is pleasant to shoot.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not trying to change your mind, just didn't work for me. I thought of the brace, they have a few complete set ups at Big Boys. The sharp edges of the brace really digs into your shoulder, or mine anyway. I went with a 870 Tactical 20ga, it's small enough to move around the house and is pleasant to shoot.

I want a +1 so I can SBS it. I have a 20ga with an extension on it, 20in barrel and a Scattergun tech +2, but for it, a couple hundred rounds, mostly slugs and buck, boresnake, and full choke set, I gave $200. An 18in barrel is almost what I paid for the gun, maybe if I could find a cheap enough barrel, I'd just SBS the one I have

Latest posts

Top Bottom