10/22 with Tech Sights sighting in question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKC_Jim

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I recently added some Tech-Sights to my 10/22. The sight I installed is adjustable for elevation on both the front and rear sight. Does anybody know which is the primary one to adjust while sighting in?

Thanks,

Jim

Edited to add - I figured out what I was doing and the answer can be found below for anybody else that might have the same question.

Last edited:

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks, That is kind of what I am thinking. It is easier to adjust. Any idea what the rear elevation (not windage, it has that also) adjustment is for? Fine tuning maybe?

Jim

Bring that rifle to the Appleseed Shoot this weekend at Canadian Ranges. There will be guys there at can tell you all about it.

Grendel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I put the Tech-Sights on my 10/22 I had to use both the front and rear elevation adjustments. The front one was all the way up, and almost coming out of the socket and I had to back it off some, and then continue making more adjustments with the rear sight.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I put my tech-sights on 10/22 I called Tech-Sights. The TS guy said to lower rear sight all the way down and raise FS about 8 clicks and adjust RS from there. (TSR200 sight which has a tall front post)

OKC_Jim

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update to my own thread from a long time ago.....

Tech-Sights work like the sights on an M16A1. The front sight is to get you in the ball park while zeroing the rifle. The rear sight is to fine tune and to adjust for different distances.

Hope this might help anybody else that has the same question.

Latest posts

Top Bottom