$1000

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AtomicTango

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some good answers so far. I like the take on if you were starting from nothing and had a grand to cover your bases.

If I was starting fresh I’d go with a Gen 5 Glock 17 and 12 gauge pump gun. Nightstand/USPSA starter pistol and something to shoot clays and critters with.

AtomicTango

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right now I’ve definitely been enjoying optic equipped pistols so a Glock 34 with something like a Holosun 507C would be right at $1000. Already have mags and Glock stuff.

Or go for something just for the fun of it and get a S&W 617 or GP100 .22lr. Put the rest towards a ammo.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well reality was I did spend $1,000 or a tick more a few months ago.
This O.P. question did apply.
Sears had 50 gr V-Max bullets on sale cheap. Not loaded ammo just the bullet/ projectile.
I got 10,000 of them.
In the same purchase another deal I could not say no to I got 5,000 Hornady 250gr XTP bullets.

I need to quit, I can quit anytime. I am not an addict !

spence

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Easy. The Frankengun 92 I'm working on right now to compliment my 92 LTT Centurion.

Full size LTT frame - lightly used, 92FS grips/hammer/mag catch on it - $350
92 Vertec Slide - new - $215
92FS barrel off Ebay - $75
WC guide rod/recoil spring - $35
Total to this point - $675. Same money I sold my bone stock 92 compact for with a bunch of mags.
Installed an oversized mag catch I had from the compact, so not counting that.
Ordered last night:
LTT G10 grips - $75
Trigger Job in a bag - $165
Total at this point - $915
I blacked out the rear sight on the Vertec slide, and need to sort out how the front is zeroed versus where the LTT shoots (not the same zero as the M9 I have). Will add a Dawson Precision fiber optic front when I sort out what height I need, so that'll add a final 40 bucks.
Final total then $955.

OR
I was intending on working on another AR, Stag type, that's got a few more options than the one I have. That was when I could get one for 800 and with an optic would be under a grand. Not so much now. Still want another rifle, but not at the immediate moment.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is the scenario:

You are given a $1000 to spend on a firearm or firearm related peripherals.

What is your purchase?
-It can be 1 item or multiple, as long as it’s all under a grand.
-To keep it simple let’s not worry about calculating for sales tax or transfer fees etc.
If I didn’t have any guns and I had to play this thousand dollar game I guess I would go with a PSA AR15. A back up sight. A micro primary arms red dot like the aimpoint micro. 10 GI mags And the rest in ammo. Should be able to keep that under a grand easy

Latest posts

Top Bottom