1100 Trigger Problem....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve got an older 1100 that functions fine with the exception of an occasional failure to feed the second round (skeet shooting). I think it is due to the carrier release slipping past the carrier latch. Before I found a few online suggestions and warnings on trigger disassembly, I had the trigger assembly out and had it tore apart. Figured I’d be replacing carrier parts, so why not?

Well, I’ve gotten the trigger reassembled and all the parts look like they are functioning correctly but when I install it into the receiver, the action bar sticks in the back position and won’t slide forward when the carrier release is pressed. Actually, the carrier is stuck until I force the action bar forward a bit and then I can press the carrier release and it slides forward.

It feels like something is sticking in the receiver and whatever is supposed to push the action bar forward, isn’t able to do that.

I’ve swapped a trigger I did not work on into the gun and it cycles fine, no issue, so I’m going with my reassembled trigger as the problem. The gun functioned fine prior to me tearing down the trigger.

As far as the carrier problem, it seems that the carrier sticking fix could have been taken care of by bending the carrier release tab inwards to ensure it hits the carrier latch consistently.

Any advice on the trigger?

Thanks.

20190626_154028.jpg 20190626_154031.jpg 20190626_154048.jpg 20190626_154054.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom