12 ga SD Loads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes sir he did. And myself, in a home defense type situation I really dont have to worry about shooting through car doors and such. But honestly, no matter what you pick, #4 or 00 its all better than a .380.
Except in the case where the .380 penetrates enough and the Buck doesn't.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Penetrates enough what? Im looking at things from a defense situation not a duty or assault situation. Not shooting through walls or cars. Mostly be "in the same room" distances. In which, the was will still be on the package. I've killed enough 200lb pigs with 00 that I really wouldnt worry too much about penetration.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Penetrates enough what? Im looking at things from a defense situation not a duty or assault situation. Not shooting through walls or cars. Mostly be "in the same room" distances. In which, the was will still be on the package. I've killed enough 200lb pigs with 00 that I really wouldnt worry too much about penetration.
I'm not talking about penetrating hard barriers. There are plenty (i.e., too many) cases of #4 Buck not penetrating sufficiently at close distance. Substantially fewer with #1 Buck...even fewer with 00 Buck (although it has happened). A layer of fat (i.e., overweight people) or a leather jacket can slow #4 Buck surprisingly well. DocGKR and others have repeatedly showed that actual shootings mirror gel tests with Buck, and that #4 Buck has failed in both (not always, but enough to cause concern).

Latest posts

Top Bottom