• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

17 Mach 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I assume you want the rimfire one-17 Hornady Mach 2. Actually the centerfire is a Mach IV when I think about it.

I have a 17HM2 reamer. I have 17 HM2 gauges. I have a liner drill.

Find a bolt action .22 LR. Get a liner from Brownell's. Tell me who your gunsmith is and I will loan him by tools to convert your .22.

I have several rifles in this caliber, it is an incredibly accurate cartridge.

www.fototime.com_5D44B2EB68B0D4F_standard.jpg

Wasp head shot-25 Yards. Hornady used this photo in the second year of the cartridge catalog.

I have several of rifles chambered in this cartridge-all Martini's, all with liners I installed. I don't shoot them much any more. I also have Martini's in 17HMR and 17 H-Hornet that are my current favorites. You can't have them.

I have ammo, you can't have it.

It is real shame that Ruger and Remington choose to just rechamber their existing .22 blow back semi auto's in this cartridge instead of redesigning the actions to take the round. If they had, the round would not be dying.

If you had asked about a year ago, I had a CZ in 17HM2 and we could worked a deal. Great shooting little gun.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
So, if I understand correctly, just buying this liner can convert a .22? That sounds simple enough. I would have loved to have that CZ. They’re quite hard to find now, and costly, from what little research I’ve done. I don’t have a gunsmith, but I’m open to suggestions.

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Well lets start with where are you?

My offer extends only if your gunsmith doesn't have the tools. If he as the tools he probably with want use hisown.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I’m down around Wayne, but I’m up in the city some. I called my LGS and they’ve got a Savage in stock for $415 OTD. Should I do that, and do a build? I’ll want more than one, I never like having less than a couple in each caliber anyway.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
@Roy14 going from 22lr and 17hm2 is as simple as a barrel change. I picked up a CZ457 and ordered a lothar walther 17hm2 barrel for it. Direct drop in fit, 22lr mags work, nothing to change aside from my zero. Pricey though. Paid just over $300 straight from lothar walther. Great customer service and it got here quick. Last I checked SG ammo and ammofast have plenty of ammo in stock. SG is going for 18-20cpr, I paid $.16 per round shipped to my door with ammofast.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I’m going to look into that as well then. This may not be as troublesome as I first thought. SGammo is usually my go to but I’ll check out Ammo fast. Are either of you using them as varmint rifles?

Latest posts

Top Bottom