1700 LB. Bull vs. Large Metal Deer Feeder...and the winner is?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Bull moved the feeder over 12 feet....tore off the lid, crushed the tub.....the feeder was held down by three 4 foot rebar with hooks on the end.....never had this happen before but at least the bull feasted on the almost full feeder of expensive corn so it wasn't wasted......:cry11:
Bull 1
Deer Feeder 0

Attachments

• IMG_1096.jpg
    IMG_1096.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 47

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
chances are the bull is foundered now and may be dead. if he ate that much corn??? could be the cows helped him eat it? even then there may be several dead cows or at least foundered???

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
chances are the bull is foundered now and may be dead. if he ate that much corn??? could be the cows helped him eat it? even then there may be several dead cows or at least foundered???
I don't own any cattle and I don't know who owns him but I don't think he's dead....at least not on my ranch as I've seen no buzzards circling....I wasn't at the ranch when he took the feeder down and after viewing the game camera that was on that feeder it looked like he spent a couple of days feasting.....he also had some help from pigs when he left his ill gotten gain for the night....the feeder held 300#'s of corn when full.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't own any cattle and I don't know who owns him but I don't think he's dead....at least not on my ranch as I've seen no buzzards circling....I wasn't at the ranch when he took the feeder down and after viewing the game camera that was on that feeder it looked like he spent a couple of days feasting.....he also had some help from pigs when he left his ill gotten gain for the night....the feeder held 300#'s of corn when full.
If the bull was on your place (some place he wasn’t supposed to be) and ended up dead, that‘s not your problem. I have a similar cow story, but I won’t be posting it on the internet.:blush:

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a Bull years ago that hated hay rings. I had to electric zap his ass with a fence charger around a ring to stop him from continuously jacking with them. One zap and he quit.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wasn't really talking about liability. just informing those who manage feeders on leased property who might not know about such tings.

Latest posts

Top Bottom