17design BRN180 lower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rj ︈

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Intrigued... please tell me more about this BRN-180.
It's a design that Brownells is currently making – based roughly on the original AR-18. Piston driven.

Makes a lot of sense for a short rifle due to no need for a buffer tube so you can put a folding stock or brace easily. Tons of videos showing the reliability are around at this point. You can put the BRN-180 uppers on any milspec lower as well.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
It's a design that Brownells is currently making – based roughly on the original AR-18. Piston driven.

Makes a lot of sense for a short rifle due to no need for a buffer tube so you can put a folding stock or brace easily. Tons of videos showing the reliability are around at this point. You can put the BRN-180 uppers on any milspec lower as well.
Awesome! Thank you. I was thinking it could be fired when folded. Hmm. I want one chambered in 6.8 spc. 12" barrel suppressed. Probably easily fit in a back pack.
Dang tax man taketh my moneys again.

rj ︈

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Awesome! Thank you. I was thinking it could be fired when folded. Hmm. I want one chambered in 6.8 spc. 12" barrel suppressed. Probably easily fit in a back pack.
Dang tax man taketh my moneys again.
I think they only sell uppers in 300 blk and 223 Wylde. 16" or 10.5"

rj ︈

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Yeah, for near a grand!

I just looked. Neat deal but alas just another toy I probably will never be able to afford.
Definitely wish they were cheaper. It's similarly priced to any quality standard AR upper and much cheaper than the other piston driven options like the MCX.

Latest posts

Top Bottom