1911 from the dead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up this Colt 1911 from a buddy of mine a couple of days ago. He bought it new in the mid or late '80's. It's bone stock. He carried it on duty until he retired. He said it has been sitting in the safe gathering dust for the last 14 years. One of my brothers has one identical to it he bought brand new. The good news- No one had jacked with it. The bad news- no one had really taken care of it either. The price was OK, I pretty much committed to it before looking at it. No big deal-

And- for those of you who have ever really played with one of these, John Browning was a genius!

I got it home and had to PRY the rubber grips off of it. And they say the stainless steel won't rust.

DISCLAIMER- Everything I've done/am doing will be reversible to return the gun to the original condition. No animals were harmed during the making of this project.
IMG_3907.JPG

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can't see it, but there's an idiot mark from hell on the other side. The IM is so deep it practically goes through to the other side! I got in a hurry and my hands were dirty, I should've taken a picture of it. It was GROSS...Here's the gun in the little pieces in the shop.
IMG_3909.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom