1911.....made a rookie mistake.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got back from the range this morning and started to disassemble my Ruger SR1911 and the recoil spring plug went flying across the garage.

It took me almost 1 1/2 hours of looking and moving things around to find it and it ended up having rolled under the freezer.......it's been several years since I've had a spring plug go airborne on me and I'm in no big hurry to do it again. :)

Last edited:

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My funny 1911 story.

I had sold a nice pistol, buyer was coming from OKC to pick it up. I decided to make sure it was spotless so I was taking it apart to clean it. Don't remember how I did it but I sent the slide lock flying. It hit the wall behind the bench and bounced across the garage, I heard it land behind me. I spent the next hour and 45 minutes tearing the garage apart looking for it. I finally found it in a small organizer box, it had been on a bench behind me with the lid open, when the release dropped in there the lid closed behind it.

Last edited:

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To this day, I still put a cleaning rag over the end of the barrel. At least it gives me a nice streamer to follow ...

After watching a Drill SGT "Help" someone find the recoil spring plug, you swear not to be that guy

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or that damned rebound spring in a Smith. I use a big clear plastic bag to disassemble now. I swear those gunparts are air soluble.

Latest posts

Top Bottom