1911 VS Glock - final showdown! Which one will keep shooting longer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which one will shoot longer out of the box?

• Glock

Votes: 58 70.7%

Votes: 24 29.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah .... so ... it seems that interwebs arguments are not very fun when someone reasonably admits that a preference is just that "a preference". Somebody needs to delete that post so we can all go back ding-donging !!!!DAMNIT!!!!

I am hoping for at least another 5 pages of back and forth, not this compromise/know-thy-limits bullsh!t...

And now, for today's entertainment:

Last edited by a moderator:

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Damnit man.

38.media.tumblr.com_a5f47c5212bbe2404e90b6a0a3bb15f4_tumblr_ni57y7AQAF1tpmgf1o1_400.gif

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mo, there is a Youtube video out there of James Yeager--yes, THAT James Yeager--shooting an out-of-the-box Kimber 1911 (9mm) in a 1000 round torture test. The gun was detail stripped, cleaned, oiled, and greased before Yeager and a few friends took it to a sandy range to fire 1000 rounds thru it as quickly as humanly possible. Yeager mentioned some four operator-induced malfunctions--mainly gloves getting caught on the slide, including two that happened when he was shooting the gun upside down--leading him to give the Kimber an A + rating. If you know anything about James Yeager, you will know that he is very far from being a 1911 fan boy. (Maybe someone more techinically adept than I am can upload the video to OSA.) In parting, I leave y'all with this qoute from Clint Smith, "(T)he 1911 is a damn serious pistol and many people have a 1911 who shouldn't".

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeah .... so ... it seems that interwebs arguments are not very fun when someone reasonably admits that a preference is just that "a preference". Somebody needs to delete that post so we can all go back ding-donging !!!!DAMNIT!!!!

I am hoping for at least another 5 pages of back and forth, not this compromise/know-thy-limits bullsh!t...

Haha my bad.

In spirit of the thread. I prefer to hear the click of a safety rather than the click of the polymer frame popping back into the mal-aligned grooves. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So the other day my 1911 had a weird malfunction. So I can't say it has run perfectly now. I fired about a mag and a half and the firing pin got locked in the forward position and caused a jam. Ran about a hundred and fifty rounds after with no problem. Kinda a weird deal.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The firing pin got locked in a forward position? It would have to be caused by some debris in the firing pin channel or the FP hole in the slide, wouldn't it?
That's kinda what I think. Reading online the only other thing I see would be a broken spring. My spring is intact. Will definitely be shooting it more before putting it back into my carry rotation. Happy to call it a fluke, but want to be sure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom