1911 - Which brand/model is the best for the money?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This simple thread has turned into so much more that ever thought possible. I mean, it was only your typical 1911 question thread started by a forum noob. Then out of the blue one of the forum legends lends a helping few lines of text.. now we have this gem we have come to love.

No doubt. It went from routine to retarded pretty quick.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FWIW, DW's "duty" treatment is now nitrocarburizing. The first year was Cerakote.

I have not heard of this before, I am assuming it is a process bonding the finish to the metal, like the finish on a Glock? Anyone have experience with a finish like this? I have a Springfield Loaded Parkerized, and I really like it, but am thinking about getting a nicer 1911 this next year.

On another note, I have a buddy selling an Eclipse that I could get pretty reasonable, and am wondering if it would be a good platform to start a custom pistol on? Just don't know if, like the good Dr says, I want to do the wait for the custom build or go with a production gun of a higher quality.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it helps, you can use either of my 1911s Barry built. :D

Thanks for the offer! If he elects to come out from under the bridge he was trolling from, I think I have it covered. I have a Wilson CQB in the pipeline that should get here eventually. In the meantime, I decided that "100 years of service" two tone Colt Rail Gun was too nice for him, so I'm picking it up tomorrow from 2A. At $880.47 out the door, it's "cheaper" than half the Kimbers they have! :D

Dr. Barry Greyson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi everyone...

I thought that I would sign off here with 2 things before this thread dies a fitting passing (lol):

1) Guess what just popped up on the 1911 forum?:

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=343146

2) I want to wish all of you here on OSA a wonderful Channukah/ Christmas Holidays and a safe and fruitful New Year.

Sincerely...(even you Jayd)

Barry

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom