1911s TO AVOID.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FenixTxM3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can add to the Dan Wesson lovefest. I am very happy with my Valor and PM-9, they are my two favorite pistols out of my collection. The wife also enjoys shooting the PM-9 very much as well.

BobBarker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Without a field strip cleaning, there is no way any 1911 will make it. I had 250 trouble fee rounds through my new Range Officer Saturday morning with mixed ammo (PMC, wwb, magtech, fed champion) with the crappy included mags. Feed lips are proud of the magazine tube and take some wiggling to load. But I had stripped it, cleaned it, and very lightly oiled it.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I regularly shoot my DW PM9 500 rounds in matches between cleanings. I shot over 5000 trouble free rounds through it before the recoil spring lost its mojo and I had a few FTF. Swapped it out and this gun is honestly as reliable as any Glock I have owned.
A Dan Wesson Silverback may be in my future.

[Broken External Image]

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Without a field strip cleaning, there is no way any 1911 will make it. I had 250 trouble fee rounds through my new Range Officer Saturday morning with mixed ammo (PMC, wwb, magtech, fed champion) with the crappy included mags. Feed lips are proud of the magazine tube and take some wiggling to load. But I had stripped it, cleaned it, and very lightly oiled it.

Seriously?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who would shoot one in heavy factory grease?

Clean, lube, shoot.

Edit, I do use an Artic rated grease on the wear points that will remain fluid at 75 below zero in the winter.

Same that is used on heavy equipment at the Artic Circle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom