1911s TO AVOID.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I regularly shoot my DW PM9 500 rounds in matches between cleanings. I shot over 5000 trouble free rounds through it before the recoil spring lost its mojo and I had a few FTF. Swapped it out and this gun is honestly as reliable as any Glock I have owned.
A Dan Wesson Silverback may be in my future.

[Broken External Image]

The guys on 1911forum are in love with it, but I just can't warm up to it. The slide should be black and the frame SS, and that trigger is just fugly. Not that it would matter, as ALL my 1911's get retrofitted with STI polymer triggers. I do like the lack of forward serrations and the ball cut on the slide though.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes the trigger and night sights would be the first to go. I like front serrations, but that's just me. The Silverback does have the Clark rib, thick flange bushing, and a recessed slide stop from the factory. You could always duty coat the whole gun. I would prefer a PM9 in .45, not a PM7 as it has no front checkering.

Here's my done up Valor, I wish it had a Clark and a Bomar rear though.

The guys on 1911forum are in love with it, but I just can't warm up to it. The slide should be black and the frame SS, and that trigger is just fugly. Not that it would matter, as ALL my 1911's get retrofitted with STI polymer triggers. I do like the lack of forward serrations and the ball cut on the slide though.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes the trigger and night sights would be the first to go. I like front serrations, but that's just me. The Silverback does have the Clark rib, thick flange bushing, and a recessed slide stop from the factory. You could always duty coat the whole gun. I would prefer a PM9 in .45, not a PM7 as it has no front checkering.

Here's my done up Valor, I wish it had a Clark and a Bomar rear though.

Yeah, a PM-45 would be awesome. Your Valor looks really nice! Who did your 45 deg crown?

P.S., that's a very stealthy front sight! ;)

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really wanted to custom spec a 6" 10mm 2011 (kind of an "Ultimate 10"), but that was going to be a lot of coin. I figure I'll make do with that new G40 as my 1st 10mm. :)
I'd go for the G40 if I could reach the trigger on those frames. I wish the slide on the Silverback matched the frame, and they called it the Gorilla (i.e., blackback). I've wanted a 10mm, that fits me, for years. With some thinner grips and a short trigger, the Silverback would be near perfect.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Without a field strip cleaning, there is no way any 1911 will make it. I had 250 trouble fee rounds through my new Range Officer Saturday morning with mixed ammo (PMC, wwb, magtech, fed champion) with the crappy included mags. Feed lips are proud of the magazine tube and take some wiggling to load. But I had stripped it, cleaned it, and very lightly oiled it.

How many times am I going to have to post this??

Last edited by a moderator:

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Severns did the work. That's his hard Hat finish, albeit a but shiny since it was covered in oil.
That is an extremely low profile high speed front sight..... Nahh, he was just waiting for Dawson to send it over.

Yeah, a PM-45 would be awesome. Your Valor looks really nice! Who did your 45 deg crown?

P.S., that's a very stealthy front sight! ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom