1911s TO AVOID.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Razorback has no strap checkering either. It's virtually identical to the PM7.
There's always the $3800 Titan
cz_usa.com_hammer_wp_content_uploads_2014_04_cz_usa_dan_wesson_titan1.png

They make a Razorback in 10mm.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a few Colt Series 70 pistols. I've never had a problem with a Colt. I had a Kimber CDP two tone pistol that I absolutely hated. It was too lightweight for me.

I have a Nighthawk that I bought cheap, but haven't fired it yet.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fair enough, but what 1911s come covered in factory grease?
Dunno--it has been a long time since I've bought a new pistole (though, come to think of it, it was a Kimber CDP (CDP II, maybe?) Gov't Model, but that was about 15 years ago). I'm just saying that your video didn't address Bob's point, not that his point was valid.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dunno--it has been a long time since I've bought a new pistole (though, come to think of it, it was a Kimber CDP (CDP II, maybe?) Gov't Model, but that was about 15 years ago). I'm just saying that your video didn't address Bob's point, not that his point was valid.

Actually it did...you're just not understanding why. No 1911s come packed with grease from the factory that I can think of, and I've owned several. Most are pretty dry.... therefore....as the video shows....you don't need to break them down necessarily.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd go for the G40 if I could reach the trigger on those frames. I wish the slide on the Silverback matched the frame, and they called it the Gorilla (i.e., blackback). I've wanted a 10mm, that fits me, for years. With some thinner grips and a short trigger, the Silverback would be near perfect.

Yeah, I'm not sure how that large Gen 4 frame is going to feel. I have a G21SF that I had Mike do a reduction and stipple on. It feels like a G-17 sized frame now. I'm finishing up a Commander right now that I've bobtailed with thin grips and a short STI trigger on. It feels very nice. :)

Severns did the work. That's his hard Hat finish, albeit a but shiny since it was covered in oil.
That is an extremely low profile high speed front sight..... Nahh, he was just waiting for Dawson to send it over.

I definitely want to try that hard hat finish. How is it holding up so far?

Latest posts

Top Bottom