1911s TO AVOID.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My favorite manufacturer currently is Dan Wesson. They put out a quality gun using all tool steel internals and superb fit & finish. For the money, I don't think there's a better value on the market. That they don't "billboard" the crap out of their guns is a nice touch. :)

You took the words right outta my mouth. I think once people are turned on to Dan Wesson's; full on customs from reputable builders are the only step up. I don't think there is more bang for the buck.
I'll be sporting a Dan Wesson Valor this season :D Dave Severns did quite a bit of machining to it and hard hatted the top end. Toothman has it now working the trigger over. Dan Wesson will also build a gun to your specs, just get it touch with Keith Lawton. They sure do a sweet Clark style target rib.
While a 1911 doesn't do it for me as a carry gun, they sure are the cat's meow when shooting matches or for fun.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After reading some opinions in this thread I ordered a Dan Wesson Heritage and holy snickies that thing is tight. Very impressed with the DW gun, especially at the $1250 price.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll put my Kimber into a 1000 round shoot off with anybody. Personal choice of ammo.

I'll make it easy on anybody. Looser buys me a cold beer.

Oh I'm in on this one. I will buy the beer win or lose.

IMG_3023.JPG

*And my two pennies: I have only had one bad experience with a 1911, it was a Taurus. Wouldnt cycle any ammo I had.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok Dennis, you select a new unmodified Kimber and I'll select one of similar price and we'll do this shoot off thing. We show up at the range with the guns still sealed in the boxes and start shooting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom