1928 Mosin Nagant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I just made a trade for a Mosin Nagant that is dated 1928. It's in pretty awesome condition. I always thought the others were dated a bit later, but I don't really know anything about them anyway. Is there anything significant about Mosins bearing that date?

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe, maybe not. Depends on who the maker of the receiver is; their mark is usually stamped on the underside of the receiver, near the rear lug where the stock is screwed onto the receiver. You'll have to remove the stock to look at this mark; take a pic and post it if you need help identifying it.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It should be a Dragoon. Could be Tula or Izhvesk. Manufacturer should be on top of the receiver near the barrel shank. The Dragoon was sort of an interim rifle between the 1891 and the 1891/30. Give us some pics.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ronny is right; it's either a dragoon or a Cossack, and the only M91 variant made in 1928. Most likely the former, but if there's a mark on the chamber that says "Ka3" then it's the rarer Cossack. Is the rear sight leaf flush with the sight base, or does it sit a bit above the base when folded down? Does the stock have a bolt through it from side to side at the rear of the finger groove?

Latest posts

Top Bottom