1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

2 New Westinghouse 9,500 Watt Generators

Discussion in 'Preppers' Corner' started by billt, Jan 1, 2021.

1. billt

billt Sharpshooter

I recently picked up 2 new Westinghouse Dual Fuel 9,500 running watt generators. Both fired up on the first attempt on both gasoline and propane. These produce a lot of power for the money, and have really nice features like electric start, and a built in battery charging system, to keep the battery nice and fully charged when not in use.

Much like guns and ammunition today, generators are selling like crystal meth in a low income housing project. They're getting very hard to find in stock, and at a good price. Between the fires out West, the hurricanes and flooding in the South, and now with the recent snow and ice storm in the Northeast, supply is outstripping demand.

[​IMG]

2. Perplexed

Perplexed Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Personally, I like having a big generator like yours for the HD demands that occur occasionally through the day or week, and a smaller, more fuel conscious 2000W generator for lower but longer-lasting demands like the furnace blower or a lamp. Haven’t really needed them so far, knock on wood!

Chad Keller, billt and dancer4life like this.
  3. billt

billt Sharpshooter

I have a older Honda EM-600 that I bought new back in the 80's. It still looks and runs like new, but only puts out 600 watts. So it's good for some lights, or perhaps a small power drill or a TV. But not much else.

[​IMG]

4. filbert

filbert Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%

5. BobbyV

BobbyV Uh huh . . . sure

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I'd thought about getting a permanent propane whole home generator but I'm now leaning towards a welder on a trailer. Something we can take with us when we eventually move.

For now I've got a couple of these.

IMG_5808.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Profreedomokie

Profreedomokie Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    One of the best deals I ever got was on a generator a couple of years ago. My neighbor asked me if I needed a generator ? I had two that are around 8000 watts each. So I told him no. He said where he worked they were selling off Honda 2000 watt Industrial inverter generator ones for $400. That changed my mine and I told him I'd take one. I talked to him a few days later and told him to pick through those generators and get me a good one. He said he didn't need to because they were all new. He said when they were bought at work they unbox them ,put a little gas in them ,check the oil, and test run them, and put them back in the box. I didn't really need it but, I couldn't pass that one up. And before anyone ask, it ain't for sale.

DRC458 and BobbyV like this.
  7. dancer4life

dancer4life Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I have this one that I bought at Harbor Freight a few years back. I have used it twice and the kids used it this Halloween when we lost power from the ice storm. It has worked great. No complaints.
    I am looking for a 9000 to 10,000 generator to have up here at the lake house.

s-l640.jpg

billt and BobbyV like this.
  8. KOPBET

KOPBET Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I bought a 5500W generator at Lowes right after Ice-Mageddon, back when was it? 2007? 2009? I forget. Regardless, it hasn't been used out of necessity since.

ssgrock3, Glock 40 and BobbyV like this.
  9. SMS

SMS Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I have an older Coleman 5kw that keeps us in heat, water, and accessory power but just ordered a new 7.5KW Champion from Lowes with a their military discount. That's do everything I need with capacity to spare.

dancer4life likes this.
  10. tyromeo55

tyromeo55 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    FF973AAF-0AD8-44C0-9F6F-44624E57BB80.jpeg 8AF683FE-0842-43E2-826A-13E9EAB2241C.jpeg

A project that has been on the back burner some time because we knew that we were going to move. Now that we finally done it maybe I’ll get it installed. I have the tank mostly built and a controller/annunciation mostly designed