20 Most affordable AR-10 Rifles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't kick either the Ruger, the DPMS Gen II, or the M&P10 out of my safe, but I think I am going to spring for the M&P soon. It will be replacing my custom built .308 that I did on a DPMS pattern. My build came out a little heavier than I wanted, and I am having reliability issues as well. I could keep tinkering with my current rifle, but it doesn't hardly seem worth it when the M&P is already pretty much my ideal setup, with the addition of a free float handguard and a better stock.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the SCAR a lot. It is definitely very light, and has amazingly low recoil for such a light .308. Also plenty accurate. 18" chrome lined light profile barrel, just like I like... the only things I'm not crazy about are the short sight radius and the fact that they are all cheese grater all the time... you can't swap out for custom handguards like on an AR. The best you can do is get some bolt on handguards that cover the factory ones and extend out further. I have given very serious thought for springing for one, but when I can get a rifle that does everything I want for $1300, like the M&P 10, it is kind of hard to justify.

Latest posts

Top Bottom