2010 High Plains Shotgun Challenge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tight is my Benellis middle name! I got a couple of questions for you veterans.
What shot sizes should I all pattern?
How about buck shot, do I need multiple sizes of buckshot?
I have never bought anything other than the elcheapo walmart stuff. What would you considered "good" shotshells. AA's?

mwild

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can go to youtube and search for High Plains Shotgun Challenge. I think all the videos that come up are from 2008. I never saw the 2009 video, but thats another story. Anyway, watch some of those videos you will see how the targets and no shoots are set up.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Tight is my Benellis middle name! I got a couple of questions for you veterans.
What shot sizes should I all pattern?
How about buck shot, do I need multiple sizes of buckshot?
I have never bought anything other than the elcheapo walmart stuff. What would you considered "good" shotshells. AA's?

you will need a box of 0, 00, 4 buck, and even some heavy 6's.

know how they pattern out to 55yds..

;)

dauthement1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you will need a box of 0, 00, 4 buck, and even some heavy 6's.

know how they pattern out to 55yds..

;)

Im signing up!! For any of you interested,i've spent most of the fall/winters for the past 20 yrs killing ducks, in my mind the denser the pattern the better the kill shots, best patterns i have seen from #7 1/2 to 00/buck have been out of PatternMaster choke. They shoot everything tight.

http://www.patternmaster.com/

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im signing up!! For any of you interested,i've spent most of the fall/winters for the past 20 yrs killing ducks, in my mind the denser the pattern the better the kill shots, best patterns i have seen from #7 1/2 to 00/buck have been out of PatternMaster choke. They shoot everything tight.

http://www.patternmaster.com/

Have you compared these head-to-head with Briley's chokes?

I'd hate to have to buy 3 or 4 new chokes but I'll do it if my cajun duck slaying amigo says its worth while to do so.

Holy **** those aren't cheap!!! :disappoin

dauthement1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you compared these head-to-head with Briley's chokes?

I'd hate to have to buy 3 or 4 new chokes but I'll do it if my cajun duck slaying amigo says its worth while to do so.

Holy **** those aren't cheap!!! :disappoin

There is no comparison IMO between the Brileys and the patternmaster, the wad in a shot shell is what screws up your pattern and the patternmaster chokes have little raised nubs inside to slow the wad down just a tad so it doesn't blow through the pattern!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom