2010 High Plains Shotgun Challenge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwild

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the RO's shoot on friday. The rest shoot most of the match on Sat and finish up shooting Sun morning. I think last year we were done by around 1 or 2PM on Sun.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lance I can hook you for slugs Fiocchi Arrow Low recoil or Fed Low recoil if you need them. Trapr is also bringing a case or two of Fed flight control low recoil OO for people to buy at cost if they can't find any, so just let me know.

The match is shaping up real well we just got Fiocchi U.S.A. as a sponsor, and of course Nordic Components is giving big. I will get a whole list of companies that have donated prises. The prise table is looking good. BTW we may have a couple of side matches, and remember there is the cash payback team match. We are also going to have a 3-stage IPSC postal match that will also have a prise structure. If anyone has any interest in shooting this match go to our web site highplainsshotgunchallenge.com and get an ap. in asap as we are rapidly approaching the cut off number. Kurt Miller R.M.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just patterned my shotgun tonight for the first time. I was suprised how similar all the chokes and shot are. I see why Kurt soldered in the old LM. That's all you really need!
I was discouraged by the fact that the first box from my case of fiocchi low recoil 00 buck has deformed ends and doesn't like to chamber or cycle after chambered and fired. I hope the other boxes aren't bad too.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have no experience wiht diffusion chokes, so ask Pinto he seems to be all choked up....err....all up on chokes.

I find it hard to believe that all your choke performed about the same. At what range were you shooting...and no I don't mean like H&H or OKC I mean how many yards?

Lastly the reason I use spreaders VERY occasionally is that my Light Modified throws a fairly tight pattern, and on close range clays it is nice to have a bigger pattern...so spreaders. If your a swapper ( no not the wives ) I mean Chokes there is no need for spreaders. Oh and BTW Welcome back!

Latest posts

Top Bottom