2010 High Plains Shotgun Challenge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I pulled off my first 7.50 shot/load 8/shot from port arms on an auto popper set at 10 yards the other day. I remember when I couldn't do that in 12 seconds.

Will I be able to do that at the match, prolly not. But it will still be fun.

Very nice! Anything close to 1 second a round is pretty darn good!

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quick question for you verteran High Plainers. I am told that the shoot/no plates will actually over lap each other. In order to knock off the plate this will obviously require aiming off of the shoot plate so as not to knock off the no shoot as well. How far have you had to hold off of the shoot plates in previous years?

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Not mare then a barrel width. Use your LM choke and quit worrying yourself. You will do fine. The only time they overlap is if you are out of position or trying to be sneaky! I would suggest a good quality shell that you know will keep a consistant pattern.

M

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After knocking myself out of the top 15 (or better) at the Texas Carbine because of a stupid thing I didn't know I am trying to figure out what it is that I don't know about my shotgun before the match.

I only patterned my gun with the cheapo walmart federals. What is a "good" consistent shotshell? Winchester AA??

Lance Jensen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After knocking myself out of the top 15 (or better) at the Texas Carbine because of a stupid thing I didn't know I am trying to figure out what it is that I don't know about my shotgun before the match.

I only patterned my gun with the cheapo walmart federals. What is a "good" consistent shotshell? Winchester AA??

All I shoot are the Federals... They'll be fine, just know where your slugs and buckshot are hitting. You'll do fine

Latest posts

Top Bottom