2010 Mustang GT Suggestions...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son recently upgraded to a 2010 Mustang GT. What are some upgrades that will make the best improvements? Horsepower gains, suspension, gears, etc...

Last edited:

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A blower is about the only thing that will wake that 3v up. Even then you'll barely be faster than a stock Coyote. Cams and long tube headers are popular upgrades also, but i'd put that money towards FI before anything else.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CAI and a tuner for the most part does little other than feel and sound faster.

Wanna play ya gotta pay. Serious HP is not cheap. FI is where it's at on the 4.6 3v

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking for tires and wheels at the moment too. It keeps breaking loose from third to fourth. My son is interested in a turbo setup, which is better... Supercharger or turbo? Also, what else do you have to change when installing either?

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Myself I like the way SC makes power down lower RPM range. Cleaner looking setup. I believe today there are kits that include pretty much everything you need. Once installed it needs to be dialed in on a dyno.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a buddy whose big into the 3v mustangs. He has a set of long tubes, cams, and all the other bolt ons with a tune and it woke his up a ton.

If you go turbo avoid the on3 kits I have heard bad things about them. I like turbos a lot but I wouldn't turn down a super charger, there are plenty of bolt on super charger kits that will have less fab work opposed to a turbo kit.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys. We're looking at a new intake manifold, throttle body and cams too. Lots of options, my son is going to need two jobs... Lol

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
New wheels and tires. He bought Goodyear F1 Supercar tires and staggered the wheels. Now we are looking for exhaust. Does anyone have a place they would recommend? We are interested in the Pypes Beast Mid Muffler Exhaust System with Headers. Wanting to purchase the kit and install ourselves.

Latest posts

Top Bottom