2010 Pro-Am Championship THIS WEEKEND!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say Jerry. Her behavior is acceptable because she is currently winning the match? Surely not.

Nope! I was being 100% sarcastic. I detest poor sportsmanship. :disappoin

Not all sponsored shooters are personable, just as not all athletes in other sports are personable. Each person is an individual with their own idiosyncrasies. I think sometimes people expect too much from sponsored shooters. Some people get into the fan worship thing and eventually find out that their "hero" has deep flaws. Tiger Woods is a perfect example.

I for one do not expect pro shooters to be any different than amateurs. Some I like, and some I don't. If they want to be stand-offish and act like a prima donna, so be it. If the want to display poor sportsmanship, have at it. Far more of the pro's are good sportsmen & women than not. Where I draw the line though is when their brand of poor sportsmanship disadvantages their fellow competitors. I will not tolerate that in the least. I'll call out anyone I see doing it regardless of who they shoot for (including themselves). Enough people have seen me do it to know it's true.

For every example of poor sportsmanship I saw at the Pro-Am, I saw a hundred examples of good sportsmanship. That's why I like the shooting sports. Most competitors know that the Pro-Am is not my style of shooting, but I shoot and work the event because it's a great match with some quality people worth sweating for.

For those of you who focus on the bad stuff, don't. Karma comes around eventually. I for one had a great time and I'll be there working it next year. Peace! :)

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sevigny won both open and limited and a pocket full of stage win cash.

Great match Phil! Thanks to all the great ROs. It was hard enough shooing for fun in that heat for 18 stages today. I don't think I would have been as nice as y'all were had I been working instead of shooting.

ryanncass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope! I was being 100% sarcastic. I detest poor sportsmanship. :disappoin

Not all sponsored shooters are personable, just as not all athletes in other sports are personable. Each person is an individual with their own idiosyncrasies. I think sometimes people expect too much from sponsored shooters. Some people get into the fan worship thing and eventually find out that their "hero" has deep flaws. Tiger Woods is a perfect example.

I for one do not expect pro shooters to be any different than amateurs. Some I like, and some I don't. If they want to be stand-offish and act like a prima donna, so be it. If the want to display poor sportsmanship, have at it. Far more of the pro's are good sportsmen & women than not. Where I draw the line though is when their brand of poor sportsmanship disadvantages their fellow competitors. I will not tolerate that in the least. I'll call out anyone I see doing it regardless of who they shoot for (including themselves). Enough people have seen me do it to know it's true.

For every example of poor sportsmanship I saw at the Pro-Am, I saw a hundred examples of good sportsmanship. That's why I like the shooting sports. Most competitors know that the Pro-Am is not my style of shooting, but I shoot and work the event because it's a great match with some quality people worth sweating for.

For those of you who focus on the bad stuff, don't. Karma comes around eventually. I for one had a great time and I'll be there working it next year. Peace! :)

I was one of the steel setters for the pros in the am and almost everyone of them help after every shooter and stage. Never once did they think they were to good to help. They even came up and thanked us afterwords for helping them.

ManDown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Phil for putting on another fantastic match and thanks to the RO's as well. All of you guys did a great job and it couldn't have been better!

Congrats to all of those high place finishers....unfortunately, I wasn't one of them...:flybuzz:

Chad S...

Latest posts

Top Bottom