2012/2013 Fur Pic Thread.............

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Furbearer season is only a few days away........raccoons need to get ready, I'm on a mission this year. Bobcats.....you're still safe for a month or so. Found this half dressed guy wandering around the draw behind the house this morning, .222 ended his wandering.
i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_photobucket_37102_1353598909451.jpg

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Way to go. Did you call it up?

No, went out to let the labs take a whiz and walked over to the tree row north of my house and saw him about 400y north. Called the labs up back into the house, grabbed the .222 and a hand call. When I got back to the tree row, he was making his way down the draw to my house, no calling needed though.

Bassin- they're the opposite of the cats, their quality and color declines quickly. After a certain date, he won't buy them.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the season as well, and I have not been much of a predator hunter in the past. One of my all days sits a couple of weeks ago I dropped my Foxpro off in the big opening I was watching on my way in. During midday I called in a pair of coyotes, then two singles and one of the smallest bobcats I have seen. It was incredible. I've never hardly called in anything with the Foxpro when I tried, but when I goof off with it they covered me up. Acquired a couple of bobcat traps over the summer too, so I might be hittin yall up for tips. If I can ever kill another deer I've got a beaver trapping project for a landowner waiting. Hoping to rid him of his beaver problem and acquire me some bait. Anyone had much luck with beaver? Duck carcasses?

Latest posts

Top Bottom