2012/2013 Fur Pic Thread.............

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I failed on pics, but hunted a tournament on Saturday around Seminole. Conditions were pretty tough, it was hard getting anything out in the open, no one in the tournament did much good. Two cats and one dog won it I believe. We managed to get big dog with a 37 lb 2 oz male on our second set. Had a female with him but she bolted. Called in one other dog and I sprayed with with the scatter gun, but it was too far away and just educated it. Won enough to pay for our entry and a little gas, and all three team members won door prizes, so it was a good time. Well put on tournament raising money for a local school, so payouts weren't as big, but didn't care.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always try to check those cage traps before daylight. I have always thought that a coon doesn't do much damage unless it gets daylight and then they go nuts. Might not be true but that has been my experience.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I failed on pics, but hunted a tournament on Saturday around Seminole. Conditions were pretty tough, it was hard getting anything out in the open, no one in the tournament did much good. Two cats and one dog won it I believe. We managed to get big dog with a 37 lb 2 oz male on our second set. Had a female with him but she bolted. Called in one other dog and I sprayed with with the scatter gun, but it was too far away and just educated it. Won enough to pay for our entry and a little gas, and all three team members won door prizes, so it was a good time. Well put on tournament raising money for a local school, so payouts weren't as big, but didn't care.

Sounds good! 37 pound coyote is a good sized one. So you're getting into the predator calling.....good for you.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

Thats a big dog!!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I always try to check those cage traps before daylight. I have always thought that a coon doesn't do much damage unless it gets daylight and then they go nuts. Might not be true but that has been my experience.

I usually try to check them in the morn when I've got them close by, I'm driving 45 miles to run them now, so I don't get to check them till afternoon. It's been a while since I've had one torn up. I welded it back together last night and got it back out today in the same spot, with a game cam watching it. This is the first time I've had a coon break out before eating the duck though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom